Monday, May 25, 2009

Birthday Parade

Hi everyone! I hope you are all enjoying your Memorial Day and that you take a little time out of your day to think about the men and women who have made it possible for us to enjoy it.
Yesterday was a hard day for Riley. We had taken her to the park Friday afternoon where she romped and splashed and played for over an hour chasing up frogs and who knows what. When we left she was a muddy but happy pup. She got a ton of those little seed burrs stuck in her hair. The kind that stick to your socks and poke your ankles. Well Saturday morning her eyes were all runny and she was blinking a lot. We put some antibiotic ointment we got for her eyes before in them, called the vet who told us to just continue the ointment and they'd see her on Tuesday if she wasn't better.
Yesterday morning one of her eyes looked a little better, but the other one was a lot worse. We finally decided to take her to the emergency pet care where lots of waiting was done, but she did finally get seen. He had to numb her eye and look behind the lid and pulled out one of those seed burrs! It had been stuck there continually rubbing a little sore on her eyeball. Poor girl! We came home with four different medicines for her, a loopy dog, and a lighter wallet.
By evening though she was out in the back yard in the rain looking for frogs and moths. It's so hard to see your pets feeling bad. She's much better this morning though; in fact she's looking at me now wondering when I'm going to finish up and go walk!

My room is finished! I spent the better part of the day putting things in order and it looks so good. Before I mess it up too badly I'm going to film a little tour of it for you all.
I did take a little time to make a card with today's newest release from Squigglefly Ant Birthday


(click to enlarge)

Isn't this a great image? I like it because it's good for birthdays no matter who is having a birthday! It's not too cute for a guy and I can see kids liking it too.
I colored with copic markers and remembered to take a picture of the copics I used



The greeting is from My Sentiments Exactly and the designer paper is some I found at Hobby Lobby's clearance section. They had some cute papers in that area! I really liked this because it was black and white and I can add color to suit my needs!
I'll be back tomorrow with the video tour of my crafting space so be sure to come back for that! Have a great day and thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Now ant this something!!!!!! bwwwahhhaaa. I getting as good as you & Crystal - bbwwwahhhaaa!

Way cute. Can't wait to see the room and please give Riley a squeeze for me. Glad he's (she?) better.

Have a super day!

Hugs,

CRYSTAL said...

Awwwww Riley.... glad shes all better. Love that image....great for a barbeque invite too....
Love to see pics of your room...

ine is finally clean.

bumblebee creations said...

Ohhh Holly-that almost made me cry!!! How sad! Wouldn't it be nice if they could tell us! Well, I am sure she is feeling better this morning-and I love your card-this image is soooo adorable and perfect for summer! I can not wait to see your video! Happy Memorial Day to you and your whole family!

Kat said...

Oh Holly, you were very wise to take Riley to the ER! Her eye certainly could've (most likely would've!) gotten quite damaged if that burr stayed on her lid for 2 more days, constantly rubbing her eye. I'm so glad you are such a good mommy, and so is Riley! *woof*

I sure am looking forward to taking the tour in your 'new' room. :-D

msfreida said...

Riley's experience brought tears to my eyes also. Bless her heart. I'm so glad to hear she's back to her ole self! : )

This card is adorable! I love this image and all of the new additions. There's so much personality in each of them! Thanks for posting the colors you used. It really helps me see what each color looks like when used. Also helps to see what you used to blend to get your final result. I'm learning...but still have a long way to go.

Hugs

Scrubbysue said...

Awwwww....heeheeheee...so cute!

Pam in Ar. said...

Poor Religh...I know how I feel when my contaxts give me grief (like right now), I can't imagine having a burr stuck under my eyelid though!! YEOWWWWWWW...hope things are all back to normal in the morning :~)

These little ants ahould be on a get well card for her..I'll bet she'd like to chase them too :~)

Shellie Munro said...

too cute!!!!!