Sunday, May 3, 2009

Fluttering Birthday Wishes

Happy Sunday everyone! So far this has been a dream weekend for me. I came home from work early on Friday and got my house all cleaned up. I got a great night's sleep on Friday night and slept in yesterday morning to a steady rain. I stayed in a most of the day because the rain continued, but we did get out and get our grocery shopping done and found a little bit of time between rain falls to get Riley out.
This morning I awoke to yet more rain and the promise of a whole day ahead of me with all my chores out of the way! Who wouldn't love a weekend like that?

Today is day three of the one a day in May image releases from squigglelfy. The feedback I've been getting from the ones who pre-ordered is good and that's wonderful to hear! Today we have a darling trio of butterflies! This is Butterfly Cluster



(click to enlarge)

I colored the butterflies with copic markers and then re-colored the dots and heart shapes with glitter gel pens. I chalked the sky around them in a blue but the photo doesn't pick that up very well. It's more vibrant in real life.
The sentiment is from Stampin Up and is stamped in a violet color that matches the violet copic marker I used on the butterflies perfectly!
I embossed a lilac panel with swiss dots folder and used some designer paper from Stampin Up as well as some ribbon and a little slide!
Remember, even if you didn't pre-order these images, they are still available individually as they're released. Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope you are all having a "dream" weekend too!

10 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Great to get a weekend like that isnt it? Glad you had a relaxing day stamping. Love the butterflies!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Yep. The perfect weekend. Life is good!

It's sunny & cool here and I get to stay in too as my housework is done too. We women are great are't we?

Lovely card. And I'm liking that new image too.

Hugs,

Anita said...

Cute card!

Tracey said...

This is an adorable card Holly! So glad you are having a great weekend! xx

Debby said...

Cute cute. Lots of rain here too! I love rain. I don't have to feel guilty about not going outside ;-)

Nora said...

Nice weekend for you, nice card for us to enjoy. Yup! I'd call that pretty close to perfect! *LOL*
Love those flutterbys!
~hugs~

Becky said...

Life is sweet when you have time to do the things you want to do and not have to do :). Love this card, these butterflys are adorable.

Kristie said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend...mine is still going because we have a public holiday today...yay for 3 day weekends!!!! That card is adorable...I think I'll just pop on over to Squigglefly and grab that butterfly image....it's just gorgeous and I love me some butterflies! Thanks for sharing all the new releases as they come out....it's nice to see them coloured and made into a card before I buy them :)

bumblebee creations said...

awesome card Holly!! I love the butterflies-they are gorgeous!!!love the colors too! that swiss dots embossing folder is the greatest-huh? glad you had such a great weekend!!

Pam in Ar. said...

I think this has been the weetest weekend on record!! I've been home today and it has been great :~) Viewing your blog DAILY is great too...I like butterflies...