Friday, May 15, 2009

Flying High

Yay for Friday! And here we are at the halfway point of May already! How the heck did that happen?
Today I have a card for you that uses the new Squigglefly release called Whee!


(click to enlarge)

Isn't this a fun one? I colored the image with copic markers and chalked the sky in. Two designer papers that have the same design on them, but one has little bitty spirals and one has bigger, wider spaced spirals.
The three blue "brads" are actually three holes I punched out of cardstock. I highlighted a bit with a white gel pen. The words are computer generated.
I think it would be cool to stamp the tops of trees beneath him too.
Well, we have one wall painted and this weekend we may finish the whole room! I have two beautiful framed prints that my boss gave me when she retired and I have been wanting to hang them in my craft room forever. They just did not go at all with the color in the room. That's the main reason I decided to paint. I've been picking out colors to go with the pictures. Then when we got to the paint store with our little samples, my husband and I both immediately chose a different color!
When we got home I dragged the frames out to hold the new color samples up to them to see how they looked and I left the frames leaning against a desk. A couple of minutes later my cat jumped off of a chair that was at the desk and BAM! The pictures fell and the glass broke out of one of them! Thankfully the print wasn't damaged.
I took the picture with me to work yesterday and took it to a door and screen place near where I work and was able to pick it up after work good as new! Lots cheaper than Hobby Lobby would have done it for too. The guy cut the glass and took the frame apart to re-do it and had it all back together for me for $18.00! And I didn't have to wait a couple of weeks. Can't beat that!
I'll show pictures of the before and after room for you too. I may just video my whole craft space for you since I don't think I've shared that on my blog before! Yikes! that means I'll have to clean up too! LOL!
Well, ya'll have a great day and thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

This is cute and a great b-day sentiment too.

WOW! Great deal on the frame. Can't wait to see pictures - or video - on your do-over!

Hugs,

bumblebee creations said...

I love this card of course!!! I haven't had time yet this morning to play -but I did get a chance last night to make a fourth of Mewly card! Can't wait to play with this one!

CRYSTAL said...

Super cute image.... would love to see your creating space... Mine is in real need of clean up...LOL

Pam in Ar. said...

I LOVE this card.....that is just the cutest little mouse! Makes me kind of wish I could do that...and then I wake up LOL great image!

I am envious of your craft room...one of these days I'm going to have one too :~) Can't wait to see the finished product...

Have a Great Weekend Everyone!!

msfreida said...

Heyyyyy! Boy have I missed everyone and seeing all these fabulous new images! Been in bed all week and I am not a good patient, especially when I can't get to my computer!

This image is adorable! I love the sentiment you put with it...PERFECT! Yeah, I think tree tops would look good too! I'll have to give it a try!

Your craft room sounds so exciting! I desperately need to redo mine and purge half the stuff! Oh well...I will just have to wait for that big burst of energy and rejuvenation and I think I will be waiting quite a while! :)

Hugs~

Becky said...

This is an adorable image, and great coloring. Good deal on the frame. Cant wait to seeeeeee

Tracey said...

This is a fabulous card Holly! Love it!

Debby said...

I'd love to meet you. Do you chatter a lot? I adore people who do because I dont' and can't no matter how much I want to. I was just complaining about that to Stef the other day. This is a cute cute cute cute card. I need that whee now darn you.