Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'll Be Waiting

I had the best idea come to me AFTER I finished making today's card! Therefore, you will only get to hear about my great idea rather than see it. Well, maybe someday you'll see it. LOL! Let me just show you what I did make and then I'll tell you my idea.



This card is using today's new release from Squigglefly, Lonely Friend. I love the perspective of this image and wanted to bring that out a little more by creating a scene, so I drew the sidewalk for the dog to sit on (yes, that's a sidewalk!), and then I chalked the grass, sky, and road. I know my bus is taking up the whole road, but it's a small country town and the roads are narrow! LOL!

The image is colored with copic markers and I think I went a little overboard on my highlights, but it is what it is. I put the sentiment at the bottom of the card to be a little different, and also it kind of reminded me of a puff of exhause coming out of the bus!
Okay, now for my great idea. I was thinking you could erase the "School Bus" words before you printed it and make it say "National Guard" or "U S Army" and color the bus in camouflage. Wouldn't that be a perfect card to send to a soldier letting them know we miss them and we're waiting on their return?
I think camouflage would be hard to color, but then again it's imperfect blobs of color really, so how hard could it be! Feel free to use the idea even if I don't get a chance to, and I'd love to see it if you do!
Yesterday I asked on the squigglefly yahoo group which of the of the one a day in May images are favorites and no one could come up with just one. Do you have a favorite? Let me know if you do when you leave a comment!
Hope your day is a great one, and thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Well, let me just tell you I have vicariously enjoyed them ALL thru you. I didnt get to join in the pre-order :( , but I'm having a blast coming here everyday to see the new one for the day... I think this one is my new fav and the camo idea is fab....
Hugs

Crissy Armstrong said...

This is adorable. Love your coloring and sidewalk that you drew!
ps I love Kris too, and had a hard time deciding who was my fav. I would have been happy if Kris and Danny had made it to the final, then I wouldn't have cared who won.
My brother used to live in Blytheville and work at Nucor. He's a Canadian who moved there for that job. I got to visit him there once! Went to Graceland too!

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly
I love your card. You are always having great ideas (camouflage painted bus)

Debby said...

I recognize a sidewalk and your highlighting is just fine. I love how you chalk scenes. That kind of stuff just doesn't occur to me. Great card. Even if the road is a bit narrow. ;-)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

This has got to me the cutest one yet. I just went "aaawwww" when I saw it. And your idea is fabulous!

Hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh Holly!! This reminds me of my boys leaving for school and little Mocca watching them leave in the morning!! This is just the sweetest ever!! So many words in one little card!! This is precious!! :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my, this is the cutest ever!

bumblebee creations said...

Holly-I love this image-I am working on mine now-but it is not near as elaborate as yours!!! : ) Thanks for sharing all of your awesome ideas!!

Michelle said...

this is so adorable.. TFS!

Wendy said...

Aw, what a cute image. Great job on the card. Too sweet! :)

CRYSTAL said...

Hi Holly...go check my blog there a little sumpin' sumpin' for you
Hugs

tmcc4 said...

Wow! love your coloring! this card is so sweet but makes you feel bad for the dog..LOL! TFS!
Mandy

Pam in Ar. said...

What a great idea about the camo bus....you do such a great job with "filling in", (sidewalks, streets, sky) You really have vision and that's what it takes to be a good stamper :~)

Love what you do....

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This is a cute image on it's own, but how terrific that you created the scene with it. I think your idea of a military bus is a fabulous one.

Becky in East Tennessee said...

Ohhhh I really like this card, but I also love the idea you had too!!!

Becky said...

This is another adorable card, I love what you do with these images, they are great.

msfreida said...

Ohhhh this brings back memories! You did such a awesome job with the image and your "scene" work is FABULOUS! It's just not fair for one person to have so much creativity! just kidding! I love your cammo idea! This would be awesome to send to our troops...God bless them!

One favorite image...NO WAY! They are all fabulous! Now just to get the chance to play with them!

Hugs~