Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I'm Thinking Lunch

Good morning everyone! I am busy, busy and don't have much time so this post will be short and sweet!
Speaking of sweet, that's exactly how I'd describe today's release from Squigglefly. It's called Sharing Lunch and here's the card I made with it



(click to enlarge)

I colored with copic markers and chalked the sky and ground. Then I stamped some grass sprigs on the ground to give it a little depth. The flowers are some silk flowers pulled off of some flowers I found in someone's recycle bin on one of my morning walks with Riley! I just put a little brad in the center. The leaves are punched with a fern punch from EK Success.
I printed the sentiment out in a font called Angelina. If you like it and want it, you can grab it here for free!

Thanks to Chrissie for answering my question about those things growing on my iris, and thanks Crystal for sharing that garden web forum. Who knew that iris have seeds? I never thought of that because they are bulbs, but I guess they have to start somewhere! I did pick them off though because Chrissie said they will suck nutrients from my iris.

Before I go I want to tell you to be sure to go to Rhonda's blog to see the card she made. She combined three squigglefly images to create the cutest little scene for a mother's day card. update - well she showed it to me, but she hasn't uploaded it yet, so check back later -it's great!
I hope you all have a great day, and remember that tomorrow is card giveaway day so come back for that! Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Michele said...

Gorgeous card. Love the cute image and the beautiful colouring. Hugs Michele x

CRYSTAL said...

How sweet!!! i have case'd your chalking on some of my cards.... Its a simple and quick way to get some added color...thanks. Beautiful card!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

This is adorable. Great find - those flowers.

Hugs,

Pam in Ar. said...

.....And you recycle on your cards too, is there anything that you don't do?? LOL, you just keep amazing me Holly :~)

I love the cute image, and the saying goes perfectly.....great colouring, as usual :~)

bumblebee creations said...

Hi HOLLY! I love this card! this image is so darn cute! I am going to go work on my card using it right now! I have my card up on my blog now-thanks for the kind words!

Martha said...

beautiful card and image

Kat said...

Fantastic *save* from someone's recycle bin -- love those yellow flowers!

Glad to hear I guessed correctly about the iris 'growth'. I'd meant to say "seed pods", tho, not "seed pockets". LOL

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

This is so sweet!! What a really darling card!! :)

Tracey said...

What an adorable image and card Holly!!

Debby said...

Now this is one darling card! Love the flowers. Fab coloring as always. I hear ya on the time thing. ARGH!

Becky said...

Lovely.. I love this image and your coloring is awesome gir.

Nicole said...

Aww... Holly this one is cute. Tell Ches that I said hello. I love her work! And I adore the cards that you make! As always......I love your coloring and the cute layouts that you always do! HUGS! Nicole :)