Sunday, May 24, 2009

It's Summer

Hi everyone! Well, my room is finished being painted, and back together for the most part. There are still a few touch up things I need to do, but over all I'm really happy! Can't wait to show ya'll! I got some window scarves instead of curtains, and I love the color of them but I've never used them before and I need some help in that area! My best friend is coming over to see tomorrow so maybe she can help.
Okay, I have a quick card I made just so I could use the newly released Breezy.


(click to enlarge)

I thought of a few funny things to say with this image, but since I haven't been able to find my printer cable (room painting), I had to use my husband's printer and I wasn't used to it and I gave up printing more than this one word! I was thinking about saying on the front "I'm too young to have hot flashes!" and then on the inside say "It's not a hot flash, it's summer!" You could think of a lot of things along the menopause and hot flashes line.

I colored the image with copic markers and I actually thought to take a picture of the copics I used!



Oh, one other little thing - if you look closely in the picture of my card in the background you can see glimpses of the images to come the next few days! Hee Hee Hee <-------evil laugh

Have a wonderful day and thanks for looking!

17 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Sneaky...I love it!!!! Cant wait to see the new stuff.

I tell everyone.... I'm having my own personal summer!!!!


Great coloring and image!!!!

CRYSTAL said...

Thought of another one.... I'm having another power surge!!
LOL

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

I love it! And u r such a tease!

I can think of something like.....

I'm my own peppermint patty..... I can feel the cool breeze in my hair! OR

Boy this sure beats hubby's hot air in my ear!!!!

Boy, between you, me & Crystal, we should be on stage! Bwwwahhhhaaa!

Hugs,

Pam in Ar. said...

This card is soooo me.....I have enough "Heat" in me to warm up an entire city LOL...I love it :~)

Becky said...

I saw them :), this card is so cute, I love this, and your coloring is awesome, I am glad you tell what copics you use, for when I might own some I will know what to use :).

Anita said...

What a fun image! Beautiful card!

KellyRae in AZ said...

In my neck of the desert, we call those episodes 'personal summers'. Love the card!

msfreida said...

Oh you ladies are good for whatever ails ya! :) I know all about those "power surges" and "personal summers"! I'll have to remember those! LOL

I LOVE THIS CARD HOLLY! Even the sentiment reminds me of my daughter! Oh if walls could talk! LOL! I,too, am glad to see the copics you used, although just these make my collection look puney!

You will love the scarves! They are so much fun to play with...just make sure you have lots of rubber bands and crumpled newspaper to get some creative looks! Can't wait to see your room! :)

Hugs~

Nora said...

Hey! REAL women don't have "hot flashes" ~~ we have POWER SURGES! *ROFL* I really love this card & it totally fits me right now. The windows are open, it's 55degrees out, the boys are wrapped in blankets & I'm ROASTING!
Have a fantastic holiday weekend!
~hugs~

MANDEE said...

I love this! You are so talented! I think this card is one of my fav's!!

Maria said...

I love your card Holly! The image is a great girlfriend card to give to a friend. The sentiment that you thought of is perfect for the image.

Can't wait to see your new room! How fun!

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Maria

bumblebee creations said...

Holly Love your card! As always your coloring is perfect! We have been out of town, and so I am trying to catch up.

bumblebee creations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

How fun. I love that stamp. Great design. Love it!
xoxo, Christine

Kristine B. said...

Oh, this image looks like me except a little fan isn't enough...I usually come home and sit rightin front of the air conditioner! LOL. Everyone keeps telling me I'm too young for hot flashes, but I don't know!!! LOL. Great job on your coloring!

Cassie said...

HA! This is hilarious!! i feel like that all the time!!

Scrubbysue said...

hAHAHAHAHAHA...looks like me when I was younger! LOL