Sunday, May 10, 2009

Kind Butterfly

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are mothers! I hope you all have your children close to you today. I have a good start on the wallpaper border, but I am not trying to break any speed records in completing this project! LOL! I will share before and after photos though.
Speaking of photos, I get asked all the time about the wedding photos. She still hasn't received her photos! The photographer is putting them all into an album for her and she should have them soon. I promise I'll share!

Today's squigglefly release is called Floating Among The Flowers, and I made a pretty simple card with it


(click to enlarge)

The greeting is from a clear Wordsworth stamp set. I colored the image with copic markers, chalked a little sky background, and then went crazy with the bling! I added stickles and black half pearls for the butterfly's body. After all the glitz I didn't think it needed any designer paper or more embellishing so I left it alone.

Have a wonderful day, and thanks for checking in with me!

12 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

I love this - all that glitz & glitter.

Have a fabulous Mother's Day!

Hugs,

bumblebee creations said...

Happy happy mothers day!!! I love your card Holly! All the stickles are gorgeous-as are the half pearls!! GORGEOUS! I hope to have a little time to play today-but we will see!!!

ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!! Love the "glitter"!!
Happy Mothers Day!!!
hugz
deb

CRYSTAL said...

Lovin' the bling (Stickles)....its super cute.... Have a Happy Mothers Day!!!!

Pam in Ar. said...

Happy Mother's Day, Holly :~) I'm headed out to breakfast with all of my kids and grandkids.....Hubby has to work today :( Hope everyone has a fantastic day :~)

Love the card and all of the extras you put on it.....

KellyRae said...

Can't have too much glitz and glitter, that's for sure. Lovely card and sometimes you just don't 'need' any patterned paper. Happy mother's day to you too!

Kat said...

This is very purrty, Holly. Isn't it amazing how glitter can dress up any image? Love that. And hey - the half black pearls are great fur the body.
Happy Mother's Day to you!

Becky said...

This is so cute, I love it. Happy Mother's Day.

Kristie said...

What a pretty card! Love the sparkle :) Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day too.

Heather said...

Hi Holly,

Well I am finally getting around to everyones blogs to say Hi!!!

Congrats on the Inky Team I am really looking forward to getting to know you better as we play along on the team together!!!

I enjoyed your sweet comments on my blog the other day!!!

I have spent some time going through your blog and you have some really cute and pretty projects on here!!!

I added you to my follow list too!!!

I really enjoyed your projects and fun posts!!!

Heather Schlatter

msfreida said...

Storms wiped out our internet yesterday, so Happy Late Mother's Day!

This image is ADORABLE! I can't wait to try it! I love all your bling...just the right amount and in the perfect places! Fabulous job!

Hugs~

Kristine B. said...

This is gorgeous Holly! Love all the glitter and what a fun happy image and sentiment too. Great card :)