Thursday, May 28, 2009

Kiss The Cook

Wow, this week is flying by isn't it? Today's release from Squigglefly is called Kiss The Cook and it's a great one for the men in your life; especially those who love to grill in the great outdoors! Here's the card I made


(click to enlarge)

I am proud of a couple of things on this card. One is the fact that I drew in my own tree trunk and the other is the way the hot coals in the grill turned out! Overall it's a scene you might see on any summer afternoon in suburbia.
I colored this with copic markers and boy, did I use a lot of them! Here's a picture



I chalked the sky and the grass and then stamped some grass sprigs for depth. The grass sprigs stamp is from Art Impressions and the tree leaves are from Stampin Up's watercolor minis set. There are only three more images to go for May. I don't know about you, but I'm going to miss the anticipation of having a new image every day! If you've enjoyed the one a day, please let Squigglefly know and maybe they'll do it again!

18 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

This is a great image and your coloring is awesome. Of course, now I'm singing that song too. Hey Good Lookin'. Are we dating ourselves here????? LOL.

Hugs,

CRYSTAL said...

Great image and fab coloring.... I love the coals too!!! Jeff loves to grill out, even in the rain....bwahahahahaha. I love Jeff to grill too, let stuff to clean up. The scene that you created is awesome!!!! I can smell those burgers now!!!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

What a gorgeous backyard scene!! This is just fabulous Holly!! WOWZER!! Beautiful coloring!! My hubby would love this one!! :)

bumblebee creations said...

This is amazing!!! How DID you get the coals to look like that-you are so talented! Awesome awesome card!!!

Becky said...

Awesome job, love the image and yes those coals look real :), also good job on that tree.

Jackie said...

Cute card and I like that image! tfs!!!

msfreida said...

oh, I can smell the grilling from here! FABULOUS job...love everything about it! AWESOME job on the coals...what's your secret? This is such a great image! :)

Hugs~

Doreen Martinez said...

I love the card...especially the captions! I am an avid crafter who is a bit obsessed with organization. I have found the greatest craft furniture at the following website. I especially love the workbox. I am currently competing to win the EZ View desk. If you like, check out the site and vote for my entry in the giveaway gallery.
Thanks in advance.

Doreen Martinez
http://www.theoriginalscrapbox.com/

Wendy said...

The fire does look like it might be hot to the touch! Super cute card!! Great job on the tree too! :)

Martha said...

oh how cute, I want this image :)

Pam in Ar. said...

I love how you make "something" out of "nothing"...you make your own sidewalks, skies and trees now. LOL you are an amazing artist and I appreciate you so very much :~)

Great card and I did notice the coals before I read what you had written...thanks for sharing :~)

TeresaW said...

I do so agree with you Holly, I will miss the anticipation too, but I have loads of stamps now to choose from I have to get down to making something of them. I love the way the coals turned out too, I had to enlarge the picture to see just how you managed it.

Lynn said...

Perfect for the guys in my life!! What a fun image!! Wonderful Copic work!!

my5bratz said...

this looks FABtastic, great image, WONDERFUL colouring!

Michelle said...

AWESOME!! I am totally loving these squigglefly images!! TFS!

Cathleen said...

This is so cute, love the fun image and the fabulous coloring!

Michele said...

Fabulous card Holly. Love the image and the beautiful colouring.Hugs Michele x

Heather said...

Adorable!! Great tree!! Your coloring is awesome!!