Friday, May 22, 2009

Look Ma, one hand!

Oh my goodness I am so glad that it's Friday! I have not slept well the last couple of nights and it is catching up with me! Plus, I am excited because I know we will completely finish my craft room this weekend!
Today's card uses the new release from squigglefly called Trick Rider. I think it's a wonderful image for boys, or you could even send it to a man and say something about being a kid again. Here's my card



(click to enlarge)

I asked a lot of people to give me some skateboard lingo to use on this card, and people have told me names of trick moves but I just didn't think any of them would work. In the end, I just went with this. I think the "Look Ma, one hand" thing might work or something about "flipping over you" for Valentines. Does "Hang Ten" work for skateboarding or is it just surfing? I guess I need to be around some adolescent boys to really get a feel for what to say!
I colored the image with copic markers and chalked my sky. The words are computer generated in the Rockit font. I added a few highlights with a white gel pen.
This weekend there is a big festival down by the Arkansas River that will last three days. There is some really good entertainment this year; Willie Nelson, Heart, Little River Band, B-52s, and some other local bands. There's always lots of good food and fun people watching going on. As much as I'd like to go, I'm going to opt to stay inside where it's cooler and finish my room. I can always put on a Heart album instead!
Whatever you have planned, I hope you stay safe and have fun! Thanks for looking!

23 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Super cute image and I love the sentiment.... I love to make quirky sentiments too!!!!

bumblebee creations said...

I am loving this new image!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

This is fabulous and brings back memories of my son. He wanted to be a "professional skateboarder" when he grew up. At that time skateboarding was nothing like it is today (He's 37 now). I remember saying to him..... "sure. live in poverty." What the heck was I thinking???? Now? He's a security guard at a Nuclear plant. But hey, he makes good money and at least still has a job!

Hugs,

Debby said...

Way cute! I don't have any clever skating terms for ya. Stay "goofy" keep your nose to the "grind" stone. See I'm lame.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh so supah cute Holly!! What a fun image!! :)

Anita said...

Cute card! I love the skater image.

Michele said...

Fantastic card. Love the image and the colours you've used. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs Michele x

Michelle said...

this is an adorable image...im always at a loss for BOY images..this is super! TFS!

Wendy said...

This IS a great boy image. I love your coloring. Very cute card! :)

Nora said...

Having a 14 y/o that sk8s ALL THE TIME - the things that get my attention are the names of the tricks: Ollie, Nollie, Noseslide, Indygrab, Lipslide, Manual, Stalefishgrab, Grind, Pop Shove-it, Acid drop...there are so many.

He did roll his eyes when I showed him the image & said, "REAL skaters don't wear pads. That's for dorks like Tony Hawk! Why can't they make cooler images for us with the way we really look?" *LOL* This is from the boy that had to have his front tooth filed down a bit last year after facing into a curb! Won't go into all the scarring on arms, legs, and hands...

msfreida said...

Oh I LOVE this image too!You did an awesome job with the coloring and the background! I need some guy images! Now if I just had one of a teenage boy guitar player, I'd be set!

How I wish I could hear "Love Shack"! The B52s were my daughter's favorite when she was a baby in her walker! Boy could she rock out! LOL The only fun festivals we have coming up is the Elvis Festival. Yep, he still lives in Tupelo!

Everyone have a safe holiday! I have worked in my yard all week and am not finished yet, so I guess that's where I'll be. I've never seen so many weeds in my life! UGHHH!

Hugs~

Becky said...

This is cute, your coloring is just fabulous.

Sandra said...

Hi....great card,lovely cute image,thanks for joining us this week at DU2DS,
Take care
San x

Kim Nath said...

This is such a fun image and i love your card.

Claudia Rosa said...

what a fabulous boy card

Sue said...

This is a brilliant card, just right! It wouldn't help hanging around adolescent boys 'cos they don't communicate, just grunt when they are hungry lol. x

Karen said...

What a fabulous boy card - great job,
Thanks for joining us this week at DU2DS
Karen x

simplyfairies said...

Wow love it....
Thanks for joining us this week at DU2DS

Larissa said...

Great card! Perfect image for a boy!
Thanks for joining us at DU2DS!
Hugs,
Larissa

Pam in Ar. said...

I like Heart...I'd go see them if I could...love the skateboarder...I can almost feel my stomach lurching as I soar with him :~)

Kristine B. said...

Oh my goodness...my 8 year old daughter's turning 9 next week and she really really wants a skateboard!! Holy tamolie...if only I could get my hands on this and draw his hair long, LOL!!! (JK)

Anyway, great card...awesome coloring! Hope you have a really wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Michelle said...

Smashin Card, love youThanks for coming out to play with us at DU2DS this week.
x Micheller image which you've coloured really well.

Chris said...

Fantastic card and the image is so cute! I love how you made him so 3d, great shading. I have no clue about skateboard lingo either and I'd probably get it wrong LOL! Love your design. Glad you could join us at DU2DS this week. Chris :)