Saturday, May 9, 2009

Purrfect Cupcake

Good morning and Happy Saturday! Today's Squigglefly release is one called Ticky Cupcake Kitty. It's a cute and fun image for any occasion really, but I've made it a birthday card since I always need birthday cards.


(click to enlarge)

I colored him with copic markers and chalked the background and also chalked glow around the candle flame. I added stickles to the flame too!
Notice the pinked look to the edge of the circle? I made that with my scalloped circle nestabilities using a trick I learned from Melanie's blog here. It's a cool thing to do to stretch your nestabilties uses!

The greeting is from a Wordsworth clear stamp set I've had a long time. The flowers are some cuttlebug dies and I stuck a glue dot in the centers and then sprinkled some glitter on top. Easy peasy way to do glitter!
Here's a peek at the inside




and a side view



That little cupcake is from one of the Studio G clear sets from Michael's dollar bin. Easy little pop up piece, but it makes the card a little more special and fun to add it, don't you think? The greeting here is from Rubber Stampede. It was on a wooden stamp that had a piece of cake in the middle of the words, and I cut the words off to use separately.

I worked on getting the video on envelopes made and it's now ready for viewing! I finally got out our tripod and found a way to set it up so that you don't have all the camera movement.



Here's some blog candy for you to try for. Heike, one of my fellow design team members for Inky Impressions is having a pretty awesome giveaway here

Well, I've been "thinking" about painting my craft room for a few years now, and Thursday night I tested pulling the wall paper border down. It's not going to be a quick and easy process, but I've started and I know I'll be so glad when I've done it. Anyway, working on getting the border down is on my list of things to do today. I will of course be finding time to stamp too!
Enjoy your Saturday and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Wow....I love that tutorial.... I have a bunch of extra envies that got from the one of the card distributors too...!!!

THANKS!!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Really cute card and that tutorial is fabulous! And to think I've been using my A-2 envelope stencil all this time! What am I thinking?
I really got a chuckle from your "overlay" comments! Too funny!

Hugs,

Kat said...

Great card, of course. purrr....

Did you figure that out all by yourself ... how to cut an oversized envy to fit your card? That is terrific!! Thanks fur the video.

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly

Thank you very much for your great tutorial!

lindal said...

Thanks so much for doing that tutorial. I made some cards at a class today and the envelopes were too big. Now I know how to fix them. Great tutorial.

bumblebee creations said...

WOW!! Thanks for the tutorial! I wondered how you did your envies!!! Now I know! : )
Your kitty card is adorable! hOpe you are having a wonderful Sat.-we went mushrooming today, but of course I didn't see one mushroom!! : (

msfreida said...

THANK YOU!!!! Wow, you make making envies look so easy! As soon as I finish my card, I'm going to try it out! Thanks for making the time! :)

This card is so adorable! I love the kitty's expression! Thanks for letting us know about Melanie's tutorial! This looks amazing! Can't wait to try that too! I LOVE the inside of the card! SOOO PRECIOUS! Your pop ups really add so much fun!

Hugs~

Kristie said...

That kitty card is gorgeous...so bright and colourful! Love it ♥
Thanks so much for doing that envelope tutorial too. I have a few bigger cards that I need to make envelopes for and now I know how! Thank you for taking the time...I really appreciate it.
Good luck with your craft room makeover too. We're about to start on making over my Mum's vraft room this week...I can't wait til it's done and she has a beautiful room to play in :)

Maria said...

Wow such a cute card. . .that cat is adorable and I love the pop-up cupcake inside! Thank you for sharing the video tutorial!! It's fabulous!!

Be sure to show pictures of the before and after of your craft room!! It's hard work but you'll be glad you did it when you're done!

Happy Mother's Day!!

maria

Pam in Ar. said...

THANK YOU!!!!!! For the tutorial...I needed that sooo much...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pop up on the inside AND that cute little kitty on the outside :~)

I'm glad to see msfreida back...I was wondering where she'd been :~)

Nora said...

That tutorial KICKS! I've got dozens of cards that regular envelopes won't work on & this is a huge help for me.
Thanks so much for posting this!
~hugs~

Kristine B. said...

:) This video was so fun to watch! Thanks for the demo Holly, and what CUTE cards you made. I never wouldda thought to size down my commercial envies, so thanks! :)