Monday, May 11, 2009

Rainy Days and Mondays

Happy Monday everyone. We had another rainy weekend. I'm not complaining; I love it! I know so many people who are tired of this weather though. Our temperatures cooled down too and I'm enjoying that tremendously as well.
I didn't do hardly any stamping this weekend. I worked on the wallpaper border in my craft room and I was lazy a lot of the time!
So, that being said I don't have a card showing you today's image which is called Fourth Of Mewly. But I DO have a card using their new image #1! Did you really think I'd leave you high and dry on a Monday morning? LOL! Here's my card


(click to enlarge)

I don't know any little girls who play soccer, but I thought this image was so cute I just felt like coloring it. If any of you would like to have this card, just ask and first person who wants it can have it. I suppose it's unlikely the colors would be what someone needed, but it's worth a shot.

Anyway, I colored it with copic markers and chalked the sky and ground and then stamped grass springs. I love adding the grass over the chalk. I embossed the blue cardstock layer with a cuttlebug folder and used some rick rack between that and the designer paper. The designer paper is some new I bought at Michael's called Tranquil. I really like it because some of the paper is patterned, and some of it is textured.
I printed the words in a font called Freestyle Script and then punched it out and sponged with black.
I added the stars because it looked like it needed something there.
I hope you all had a great weekend and that you have a great Monday! Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Tracey said...

An adorable card Holly!

CRYSTAL said...

Love the image...if only it was a softball player, but it could be easily altered... love it!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Oh, I know tons of girls who play soccer and this is just fabulous! I love all that chaling and dabbing! Just fabulous!

Hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! This is just so sweet!! Love your coloring!! :)

bumblebee creations said...

Hi HOlly! LOVE your card! Sounds like you enjoyed your weekend!

msfreida said...

Precious card! You don't see too many cards for coaches, so this would be perfect for the thankful player. I wish I knew of one.

I love your coloring, of course, but I especially love your stamping over the chalk for the grass! How clever!

I am one of those that's tired of the rain! We are literally flooding...6" in 2 days last week! We have a drainage problem anyway, so this is definitely trouble...but my weeds are loving it! :)

Hugs~

Becky said...

Molly this is just adorable.

Kristine B. said...

This is great :) Awesome job on the grass!!

Sue said...

Great card she looks brill, lovely colouring, sue.x

Pam in Ar. said...

I love that you're making some "older girl" cards...don't know any soccer players, only softball.

I suggest that when you get your wall paper border down, you don't put any more up. LOL I said the last time I had to take down wall paper....NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

Debby said...

This little girl is really really cute and your card is cute as always. I don't mind the rain or cooler weather. Then I don't have to feel guilty about not going outside. Seems like I've said that here before. Hmmmm.

Cathleen said...

This is just adorable, fantastic coloring!