Monday, May 18, 2009

Rocking Challenge!

Happy Monday morning everyone! Nope, my room is still not finished but it's getting there! We are taking our time and not getting in a big hurry. I just want to have my desk back by Wednesday and it's looking good! I promise photos or a video tour when it's finished.
Also speaking of photos, I get asked all the time about where are the wedding pictures? Well, she STILL hasn't gotten them back from the photographer! When she shares them with me I promise I'll share them with you.
Today I made a card for Taylored Expressions challenge which was to use this sketch. I flipped the sketch on it's side and made this



(click to enlarge)

How do you like my attempt at getting creative with my photo taking skills? I propped the card up next to a little stuffed dog that is really one of Riley's toys! LOL! The image is today's newest one a day in May releases called Rocking Horse. I also saw they released another new image that isn't part of the one a days. It's called Whimsical Posies and is one I can't wait to use! It's so fresh and airy looking and can be used for so many different occasions!

Back to this card though,the words are printed out on my computer in the Kayleigh font. I colored the horse with copic markers and used nestabilities dies for the circle and the scalloped circle.

I caught up on some of my blogs yesterday and saw that Crystal has passed on a wonderful blog award to me!



This just means so much to me; especially coming from someone like Crystal. I would like to pass this award on to
Rebekka
Crissy
Inger
Vicki and
Tracey
Each and every one of these wonderfully talented ladies brings a smile to my face every time I visit their blog!

Don't forget to spread the word around the Squigglefly is looking for a few new design team members! Details for that can be found here. Oh, and i just remembered that it's Monday and squigglefly should have a new challenge up on their blog today! Gotta go and check that out now!
I hope you have a great Monday, and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Great job as usual!!!!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER Holly!! This card ROCKS girl!! ;) I adore your image and coloring!! Fab design!!

I thank you ever so much for this award!! You're a sweetheart!! :)

Becky said...

This is lovely Holly, I love the colors for this card, and your coloring is awesome as always. Thank you so much for the award, I love this one because it is so cute :).

Nora said...

Very nice! Love the bugging on it, too!
~hugs~

Tracey said...

Thanks so much Holly! xx
Love your card!!

bumblebee creations said...

Awesome Card Holly! I hadn't even got a chance to see what todays image was,and it is usual the first thing i do in the morning! I love it! gotta go download it now and check out the other new one!

Pam in Ar. said...

This Rocking Horse would make a cute addition to any baby room...makes me want to run and jump on it :~) Thanks Holly!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Fabulous! As always!

Hugs,

msfreida said...

Oh I MUST get this one! Each of my children have their own collection of Christmas ornaments that I started when each one was born. Carson's is the rocky horse! He now has 17 rocky horses! This is exactly what I need when I make a Christmas scrapbook or go back and add to his baby book! HOW AWESOME IS THAT! :)

You did an amazing job with the image, Holly! The card is so sweet and I LOVE the colors you used! Of course your coloring is FABULOUS, and so are all the details you added! This is GORGEOUS!

Hugs~

Debby said...

This card and image is incredibly darling and Krypto has his own pile of babies. Way too funny. So Kryp can relate to Riley and yes you are very creative. And I made a card with the whimsical posies that I am going to post here shortly. I love it!

Debby said...

Vicki is right! This card does Rock! Folks are way more clever then I am.

About Me.... said...

awww this is too cute!! love it. Blessing. Renee

My lifes inky escape and more said...

Adorable! I love your take on Taylors challenge as well as the rocking horse!

Kristine B. said...

Very sweet Holly :) Like how you stamped the words up top like that and the rocking horse is perfect for a baby or even as a toddler card with a b-day saying? :)

Inger said...

Ohhh, this is such a sweet and beautiful card Holly!!
Thank you so much for this lovely award, how kind of you! :)

Hugs, Inger :o)

Shary said...

lovely card and beautifully coloured.