Sunday, May 31, 2009

This Little Piggy and The Last Of The One A Days

Squigglefly design team member Anita Autore wants to send a bunch of cards to a group of soldiers in Kosovo, and she's also giving people who help her out a chance to win some blog candy. I think this is a wonderful idea and I know the cards will be so appreciated. If you'd like to help out and have a chance at the candy, go read the details on Anita's blog here.

I have a tooth that is on a post and it has been feeling "funny" the last couple of months but my dentist couldn't really tell anything was wrong with it. Well, yesterday I was brushing my teeth and the darn tooth came off the post! It's a tooth that shows too, so I need to get to the dentist as soon as possible tomorrow! I hate having dental problems.

Well, today is the very last day of Squigglefly's One A Day In May digital stamps. It's sad, but at the same time I'm excited to see what they will have in store for us in June. Today's image is called This Little Piggy, and I think this little guy is adorable! Here's the first card I made with him



(click to enlarge)

The font is called Dear Teacher. It's available here. The pig was printed out twice and I cut the eyes and nose part out separately and popped them up over the other image after it was colored. I added googly eyes at the last minute; still not sure I like them. Since he was cut out and popped up on the card I had to hand draw his curly tail.

I doodled around the image panel with a pink sparkly gel pen, and in my impatience to finish the card I smeared some of it! I was originally going to have a cluster of three different buttons on the lower left corner, but the top right corner smeared enough that I wanted to cover it with a button instead.

I haven't put anything on the inside of the card yet, but I was thinking of putting this
and now he's round as can be
oh wait! That's not a pig at all
it looks like a pig, but it's me!

If you say the whole thing along with the first part of "This little piggy" it makes a sensible rhyme. What do you think?

Okay, now I have really gone back and forth about showing you my next card. When I was coloring this, I thought "his eyes are so big,he looks like he's being goosed!" and that gave me an idea of something to say on a card. Something I thought was cute and rather clever. However, when I proudly showed it to my husband and waited for him to chuckle he didn't. "Well, I'm just too clever for him" I thought so I started to explain "See, the pig could be a piggy bank" and he handed it back to me saying "I get it." So, I tell a few other people and a few laugh and then one person chuckles but says "It might be a little off color". Well that surprised me because it just didn't seem so to me. I then thought I'd just not show it, but I finally decided "You know, it's me and I find it funny so maybe other people will too"
So, with all of that warning, you're probably very apprehensive, very curious, or very bored and you've already scrolled down and looked at the card and are on your way to another blog now! LOL! But here is my clever (I think anyway) card


(click to enlarge)

okay, are you ready?



(click to enlarge)

Well, I hope you are all laughing, or if you're Crystal you are saying bwahahahahahahaha!!!! If you've stuck with me this long you're probably more than ready to move on,so I wish you a happy day and thank you for stopping by!

16 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Bwahahahahahahaha!!! You heard me laugh from way over there, I just know you did!!!! That is the cutest thing I have seen in a long time....
I love both cards, the googly eyes are too cute and the sentiments....FAB!!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

I love that last one! And yes, I hear Crystal too. I love the googly eyes. Too fun.

Try breaking off a front tooth on dentures!!! YIKES! Been there, done that!

Hugs,

Pam in Ar. said...

HaHaHaHa...some people just don't have a sense of humor LOL, I loved it :~)

I loved the googly eyes in the first one too...the look on that little piggy's eyes is priceless!!

Thanks for the video, as usual...you've out done yourself.

BTW...my palms get sweaty just even THINKING about the Dentist. Good luck and keep your mouth shut until you see him...her???

Carole RB said...

HA, HA, HA, you are comic. I love your card.

Thanks for the video. Wll done.

Good luck with your tooth!

Anita said...

I love the second cards saying! Cute cards!

Nora said...

'K! I fell OUT of my stinkin chair, laughing so hard. Shoulda known....
Both cards are great, but that 2nd one is my fave, credit to my warped sense of humor. So nice to know I'm not alone in this big ole world! *LOL*
~hugs~

Becky said...

This is just to cute, I love the last one :), and those googly eyes are to funny.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

BWAHAA!! HAA!! That piggy is just too darn funny!! I LOVES IT!! ;)

Kat said...

Piggy #1: I think the googly eyes look great, along with the cut-out dimension.

'Twas fun reading your 'story', getting the build-up to...

Piggy #2: I do not like off-color jokes. However, I like pink - so I do not consider this one off-color. For me, it is a real grooooaner -- and I chuckled thru my smile. ;-D OUCH!! (says the piggy)

bumblebee creations said...

Holly! That is SO DARN CUTE!!!! I laughed and laughed and it wasn't pretty sounding-with my sore throat -it keeps going in and out-and sounds horrible-good thing we didn't have company it woulda scared em!

Kristie said...

Yeah, I laughed! I guess everyone has a different sense of humour, and all of us with the same kind hang out over here at your place :)
I like both cards...they're both cute and funny! I could think of heaps of uses for that little piggy :)

Scrubbysue said...

Hahahahaha...I LOVE it!! these are great!!

Debby said...

LOLOLO...Okay I didn't expect that but made me laught so hard I was crying. Perhaps because I wasn't expecting it? Too funny. You done good. Guys just do not get it. When I think I am way clever and show hubby he simply does not show the enthusiasm I was hoping for and then I get all menopausel pissed. So fun times yep. An the teeth. Yep. gotta be careful what I chew or I chew a crown right off and have to beg the dentist to get me in. I'm usually so po'd there is no refusing me. Back in a min on the first card.

Debby said...

K

Here's my first stab

This little piggy went to market and now is round as can be
This little piggy went to market and says hey don’t look at me
This liitle piggy went to market and said whee whee whee Happy Birthdeeeey!

msfreida said...

OH I NEEDED THAT!!!! You know I love your humor, but you outdid yourself on the 2nd sentiment!!!! I roared!!! I know of several people that need to see that one! The 1st one was adorable with the eyes....isn't it funny how much those little things add SO much character??? I love these images, and it is sad that they are ending for the one a days. :( But knowing this group, June will be just as exciting! Hopefully my household will calm down so I can participate more!

Oh honey I feel for you with your tooth! The same thing happened to me yrs ago and I was in the carpool line at school! With it being a front tooth, I knew the kids would give me a hard time so I wrapped a piece of paper around the post to fill the space!!! What we won't do!!! LOL

Thanks so much for the video. I'm off to study it now!

Hugs

Niki said...

Holly,
you "crack" me up!