Saturday, May 23, 2009

Two cards, two challenges!

Good morning everyone! I feel great today! I slept better last night and I've got three whole days stretched out before me, and my room will be finished by tomorrow! And to top all of that off, I was able to complete TWO cards! Both of my cards feature today's new release from Squigglefly, Turtle Taxi.
My first card is for the designer showcase sketch challenge #2. You can see the sketch here.


(click to enlarge)

I colored with copic markers and chalked my background. I was getting a little tired of always having blue skies in the background, so I made a little bit of a sunset on this one.
The four circles in the corners look like black brads in the photo, but they are actually green rain dots. My words are computer generated in a FG Jayne print font.
This was a fun sketch to follow. The image was so cute I decided to use it again except this time I gave it some fun colors!


(click to enlarge)

This card is for the Squigglefly challenge that Rhonda issued. For her challenge we're supposed to use one Squigglefly image, at least two designer papers, three embellishments (mine are the buttons), and a letter (mine is the f in friends). Rhonda is offering up some pretty good blog candy for all who enter her challenge, so go for it! Even if you don't have any squigglefly images you can download one of the free images. You can read about it here.
I used a font called Kayliegh for this one. I think another cute greeting for this would be "Thought you could use a lift".
Squigglefly has added several new designers to their design team, but the call is still open! The deadline to apply is May 31st. Just send a link to your blog or card gallery to squigglefly@squigglefly.com and put design team in the subject line!
I'd like to welcome the new designers
Lora
Amanda Teel
Janet Rossi
Heather Huggins
Crystal Boling
Jana Mays, and
Jeanette Waters
Swing by their blogs and show them some love!
Well, however you spend your day today I hope you enjoy it to the fullest! Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

These are, as always, adorable! I love the purple one and you just come up with the best sentiments!

Hugs,

Becky said...

I do not know how you come up with all these cute cards every day..I am lucky to get 2 done aweek :).

CRYSTAL said...

That is an adorable image.... Glad that you're room will be finished soon. I would be lost if I couldnt get to use my stuff!!

msfreida said...

How precious! I love the expression on the turtle....so sweet! Awesome job on the sunset! I just love the way you use your chalks...but I REALLY love the way you copic! LOL

Congrats Crystal and the other new members of the design team! Boy Squigglefly is REALLY packed with even more talent! What a great diversity!

Hope everyone enjoys their holiday! Stay safe!

Hugs~

Chris (catt871) said...

Cute cute cute!!!! I really need to get shopping at Squigglefly!!!! I love that new image!!!!

Carole RB said...

Those two cards are so cute!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! What a really sweet image!! Love that funny turtle!! :) Love the fun sentiments and coloring!!

Anita said...

Cute cards! I love this new image.

bumblebee creations said...

I love it Holly-thank you!

Cathleen said...

How cute are these, Love the adorable image and the colors!

Pam in Ar. said...

You can't go wrong with purple :~)

Have a great weekend....can't wait to see your craft room!

Kristine B. said...

Hi Holly...WOW, both cards are absolutely AWESOME! Love your chalked backgrounds too. Seems like forever ago since I've used mine. LOVE these images and sentiments are so cute and perfect with these. Great cards! Love your buttons on that 2nd one too :)

Scrubbysue said...

Hi holly! great cards!! so cute!! I look forward to working with you on the Squigglefly DT! thankyou for having me!

Ann Kranitz said...

This little turtle and your sentiment are super duper cute!!