Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Under The Sea

Hi everyone! Today is my daughter Chesney's birthday and I want to wish her a very happy 25th birthday! I love you Ches! How I'd love to stay home and play in my newly painted and organized room, but it's back to work for me today.
I got bit by one of those little black gnats (we call them buffalo gnats) right under my eye yesterday, and it's all puffed up and red and itchy this morning!
Today squigglefly has a cute little seahorse for us! I paired it with the mermaid and made this



(click to enlarge)

I colored the whole thing with copic markers and then I painted some radiant pearls Caspian Sea and some H2o Bashful Blue on to the mermaid tail. Here's a picture that shows the shimmer from adding that.



Here are the copics I used




At first I didnt' have the fish on here, but I added some chalk for the background and when I went to erase the chalk off the image, her tail was still wet from my painting and it rubbed some of the paper off. So, I went back and printed out one of the fishes and colored him with Y19, R14, and R29. I cut him out and mounted it with pop dots to mask some of the messed up part of her tail.
I added some little pale blue rain dots for bubbles and fun googly eyes for the sea horse. Isn't he cute? Idon't know why I say he when I've colored him pink, but he looks like a boy to me!
The words are computer generated and the font is one I found here called Never.
The card was embossed with an embossing folder from Provocraft. At first I was going to make this card fit the challenge on the Squigglefly blog that Kim is hosting this week, but I wasn't happy adding brown anywhere, so I still have a card to make for that! Go see all the wonderful cards the design team has made and get inspired to join in too! You can read the challenge on the blog.
Riley seems to be back to her old self. It's amazing how quickly they bounce back!
Oh, Maria contacted me with her choice of sentiments for the card she won. I wanted to show you the finished card before I mail it off!




The whole time I was finishing this up I was thinking of the Incredible Hulk saying "You won't like me when I'm angry!" LOL!
Maria, if you're reading this I will get this in the mail to you today, and I hope you enjoy it!
I wish all you a wonderful Tuesday and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

This card is super and fun. I love the fist and her tail is soooo pretty!

Happy B-day Chesney. Us May babies are great, aren't we??????

Holly, sure hope your eye is OK. Have a super day.

Hugs,

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly
Your card is so beautiful.
Happy birthday to your daughter!

Becky said...

This is so cute, I love this fish :), Happy Birthday Chesney.

Chris (catt871) said...

CUTE!!! I love the seahorse!!! Happy birthday Chesney!!! Oh to be 25 again!!!! LOL

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! Holly, LOVE your top card!! The texture, colors and everything!! Hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday!! :)

Kat said...

Great layout on your fishy card, Holly. Don't you love it when a mistake ends up somehow making the card even better: I think the *3-D* fish is a great addition.

Happy Birthday, Chesney!! Hey - I'm a May child also. :-)

Glad to hear Riley's feeling super. Sorry to hear about your eye. I think that would be a purrfect reason, tho, to not go to work! ;-D

Chesney said...

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! I appreciate them a lot!

scramptastic said...

love the mermaid and think it looks great with the fish

bumblebee creations said...

I love how you have added the two together! I just think the sea horse is soo cute!
Hope you get time to play in your new room today!

CRYSTAL said...

Happy b'day...Chesney!!! Love the seahorse and the googly eyes are too darn cute!!!!!

Pam in Ar. said...

That cuddlebug folder really enhances the card...love the coloring, and as usual..great job. Happy Birthday to Chesney :~)

Hope your eye gets better :~)

Cathleen said...

Oh what cute cards, great colors and coloring!

msfreida said...

Hey Chesney... How does it feel to be a quarter century old??? Better than a half century + like me!!! Congrats and I hope all your wishes come true!

Holly I love this card! Man those H2Os really make it pop! I love all the images but that seahorse rocks...so much personality, especially with your wiggly eyes!

Hope your eye feels better!
Hugs