Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The 8th Challenge

Hi everyone! For some reason I kept thinking yesterday was Tuesday and last night it dawned on me that it was only Monday, so this already feels like a long week!
I know one thing for sure, it's a busy week! There is so much going on and it all starts tomorrow with the squigglefly blog hop! I'm not officially on the design team, but they are kind enough to include me anyway. I guess I'm kind of the un-official spokesperson for squigglefly. LOL! Anyway, the blog hop starts tomorrow and continues for two days. I'll be on the second day. There will be a prize from Squigglefly to a lucky person who comments on all the blogs. Plus I think some of the blogs will have give aways of their own. I plan on having a prize to give, but the prize is going to be, well a surprise!

Today I have my very first ATC. I made it for the Squigglefly challenge where Rhonda challenged us to make one. ATC stands for Artist Trading Card, and people trade little pieces of art just like kids trade baseball cards! They are actually smaller than a baseball card though. They are 2.5 x 3.5 inches! I just thought of it as a miniature card. Digital images are perfect for ATCs because you aren't limited by a stamp's size. I chose to shrink down the April Showers girl and color her with copic markers.


(click to enlarge)

I added crystal effects for the puddle and put some stickles on the rain drops. Here are the colors I used




I am going to send this to someone who is very special to me, but I had to add a sentiment to it first! I also added a couple of tear drop shaped rain dots at the puddle. I added a little easel to the back so the person who gets it can stand it up like a little picture frame. I think that makes it more verstile if the person isn't a collector of trading cards.



This was fun to do and I think I will make more little works of art to trade in the future! I hope you will try your hand at it too, and at the very least swing by the squigglefly blog to see what awesome creations the design team made. A lot of them are first timers too!
Have a wonderful TUESDAY, and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Of course you're the UN-official spokesman...you're mom! Mom's are everything, but most of all they're FREE LOL

I've never done an ATC card before, they look so big in a picture...just like a full sized one. Love it!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh holly! this is absolutely super. you aced it! i love atc's and have been doing them a while. i'm also in a swap. they are way too much fun. but this is just super.

hugs,

I'm Crystal said...

I have never done an ATC...I guess its about time, huh???

You're right; digitals make it all the more simpilar. Love the effect with the crystal effects.

Norine said...

love this ATC and really like the pudding looks so real
Hugs
Norine

Debby said...

Fabulous ATC. How nice of you to add a frame and gift it. Your rain looks super duper.

Becky said...

This is another great card, love this image and how you used crystal effects on the water, makes it look real. And your coloring as always is fabulous.

msfreida said...

How adorable! I haven't done an ATC either, but this may be the perfect time to get started! I love what you did with this image...she's one of my favorites! :) It's amazing what the crystal effects does!

Hugs~

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

What a really sweet ATC!! I love the fun image with the sparkly raindrops!! How fun! And boy...if you thought is was Tues yesterday...you're in for a loooong week girl!! :)

P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog, your comments are so appreciated!! HUGS

bumblebee creations said...

I love your atc Holly!!! That is the nice thing about digi's-so easy to make what ever size you need them to be!!!

Maria Matter said...

Oh, this is great!
I haven't caught the ATC bug yet, but this was fun!
Again, I just adore your coloring skills!
Well done!
blessings, Maria

MANDEE said...

I am so addicted to ATC's now and this one is adorable!