Thursday, June 25, 2009

BIG Birthday Wishes

Hi everyone! I have been working on a project for someone and had to rush to make a card for my blog! I also have been going through my birthday stash of cards, so today's card is a birthday card!


(click to enlarge)

Isn't this cute? This is using the Elephantastic image from Squigglefly and it's one that Crystal drew! I hand drew the balloon and string which is why the balloon is a little wonky on the right side!
I can think of a lot of things to say with this image. I think it's just so cute and it's a steal at 99 cents!

Squigglefly has added a few more images and they're making some changes in their web site. They now have an idea gallery that you can browse for inspiration! I love seeing what others are doing and it's great having them all together in one easy to get to spot!

I used an EK Success border punch and then made some little dots all around the border with a white gel pen. In the middle of coloring my elephant my warm grey markers went empty on me and I had to finish up with cool greys and putty. I almost pitched it and started over, but I was running out of time and I didn't think it looked so bad that I should throw it away. What do you think?

I added the ribbon at the last minute because it looked like it needed something. When I look at it now it looks like a fourth of July card with all the red, white, and blue! I guess it could be a birthday wish to the good ol' USA!

Thanks for all the well wishes for Riley. She's doing really well, and I am really surprised that she hasn't tried to chew at her bandage at all. We can take the bandage off tonight, and I'm sure she will be glad!

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday and thanks as always for taking time out of your day to visit me!

15 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

What a cute card! At least it wasn't a horses rear end LOL. (Don't ask me where that came from)....(( is a steal!))

Well, Hanna Elizabeth made her entrance into this world yesterday...she weighed in at 8lbs. 2oz. and was 21" long with a head full of curly black hair so no...she doesn't look like me LOL...we are so happy to finally meet her!

Off to work now, have a great Thursday everyone :~)

I'm Crystal said...

Ca---ute!!!! I love how you added the balloon.... Great layout too....

Heather said...

Super cute!! Love the balloon!!!

msfreida said...

I,too, love the balloon! I always have a hard time trying to figure out where my highlights should go on balloons. Think I'll use yours as a guide! :) The elephant looks awesome...great image, Crystal! This is such a festive card!

I'm excited about the new additions to Squigglefly, especially the idea gallery! I have a folder marked in my emails where I move all the cards with Squigglefly images...you wouldn't believe how full it is getting from blogs outside our immediate circle! Squigglefly is getting SOOO popular! YEAAAA! :)

Congrats Pam...I know she is a beauty and I love her name! So glad everything went well!

Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

1. glad riley is doing better
2. i love the "upload your card" with each image on the SF site
3. boy, those ladies are fabulous. those new images are awesome
4. hey! this looks like me - only my nose is shorter!

very, very cute.

hugs,

Martha said...

so cute!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

So glad your doggie is doing better!! Poor thing!! And you ALWAYS make me want to get those new ones coming out Holly!! I love this elephant and have been eying some images!! :) Thanks for sharing your fun creations with us!! HUGS

Becky said...

I am glad you did not pitch it, this is so stink-en cute, I love this elephant and the coloring is fantastic as always :)

bumblebee creations said...

Love your card Holly-throw it away, are you feeling ok? It is awesome! Love the papers you used for it!!

Maria Matter said...

oh, this is just tooo cute and your balloon is fabbo!!!!!
I was wondering why I hadn't seen the one with the balloon, haha...that is a Holly original!
Absolutely love this one!

So glad to hear Riley is gettin' the bandage off! yay!
take care
Blessings, Maria

Scrubbysue said...

What a great card! and the colors are so fuN!!

Jan said...

How adorable, I love it!!

Doodles said...

beautiful beautiful card .

Nora said...

The colors...you could change the sentiment & make it for the 4th, too! Another winner.
~hugs~

Debby said...

I don't see one thing wrong with this card. And drawing! Wow. I can't draw a string let a lone a balloon. I'm impressed.