Saturday, June 13, 2009

Boni's Shoes

Happy Weekend everyone! I have a card to show you today that was such fun to make. Stef over at glitterbabe greetings posted a link to a sad (not really sad, but sort of hilarious) story that her friend Boni had to tell. You can read the story here and I do suggest you read it to have a better appreciation of my card; plus it's funny as heck! So go read it right quick and then come back to see my card.




(click to enlarge)

I wanted to send Boni a card that would help her laugh at her shoe situation. So what better image to use that Squigglefly's Shoes, Shoes, Shoes? I colored this with copic markers, and I used a ton of different colors on this. Sorry, the picture is really blurry!



The words are computer generated. I used the High Heel from squigglefly as an embellishment. I colored it and then glued it on to some chip board and mounted it on top with foam dots.

Now you might be thinking "yeah, that's cute" but if you're thinking that's all there is to it, you are not a frequent reader of my blog. I have to take it a little further. So, here's the inside of the card.




LOL! I think both Boni and her husband will get a laugh out of this (I hope her husband isn't offended by my use of Harvey)!

Well, that's all I have today. My husband's birthday is on Monday and I need to get the store to find him a gift! Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Becky said...

love these, your cards always puts a smile on my face. :), and yes I ran over to read about how her summer shoes are at the dump, poor thing.

CRYSTAL said...

Bwahahahahahahaha Boni will love it... I have know Boni myself for a few months now and I couldnt believe the story when I read it.....LOL If Jeff had done that he would wake up and wonder why the pillow was on his face..... JK

Pam in Ar. said...

Cute, Cute, Cute....she is going to love this card!! The big red shoe in the corner is where it's at Holly :~) The husband deserves Harvey (wink, wink)

Did you get a bad storm yesterday?? It was awful here!! We had trees down in our yard and my son had one in his house!! Thank God they were here and no one was hurt...it's going to be a long process.....

Happy Saturday everyone :~)

msfreida said...

Bless her heart! I could easily see this happening at my house, but I seem to be the only one who knows where the trash goes!

I know she will love your card and you couldn't have found more perfect images! What a hoot! Love all the colors and the way you colored her hair!

Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this just cracks me up. if my DH did something like that he'd still be hunting for the remote. heck, he'd probably be checking out new TV's to! not to mention the garage door opener and anything else i can get my hands on in the garage and conveniently "lose".

hugs,

Kat said...

Okay, so I'm not "a shoe purrson" but I read Boni's story and I feel so sad fur her. I hope someone at the dump opened that bag and took the shoes to Goodwill or someplace where they will get reused.

FANTASTIC COLORING, Holly!! :-) And such a purrfect card fur her -- *and* her hubby. RITCMOL

bumblebee creations said...

Hi holly-guess i have to go read the story! But even without reading the story - I really like the card! I think that Harvey is adorable!

Debby said...

Tragin but funny story. I would cry too. My dh makes fun of me cause he says I collect shoes. And goodness you went all out on the coloring here. I see all the different details in the shoes. Goodness. More patience then I have fer shure. Great card!

Kristie said...

That story was tragic...but I totally get your card now :) Poor Boni...if he were my husband I'm not sure how long it would be before I could forgive him....if ever!!!!
Your card is perfect...love it ♥

Heather said...

Oh my that's too funny!!! Wonderful coloring!!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Holly - I got your adorable card today and laughed until I pee'd (only a little) LOL It is perfect! DH even thought it was funny and that although you have never met him Harvey looks quite a bit like him! (giggles) See I'm older than DH but everyone in the neighborhood, grocery, post office keep telling "Old Man Jones" he fer sher got lucky when he married a young hen like me!!! He just shakes his head and tells them that I keep him young - snort - if they only knew!! Thank you again for the sweet and very funny pick me up!! Went shopping this last weekend and replaced 4 pairs so far......lots more shopping to go....I'm milking this puppy for all she's worth!!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

TEEHEE!! BWHAA!! HAA!! How fun!! I love the shoe card...read the story!! TEE!! But that old dude is so hilarious!! I love that image...shh!! Made one for my hubby for Father's Day...he looks like my hubby!! TEE!!