Thursday, June 11, 2009

Crystal Dog

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing great today. Yesterday we had some cloud coverage so after I got off work, my husband and I took advantage of it and took Riley out for a boat ride on the river. We stopped at a few sand bars and let her chase and bring back a tennis ball a couple of hundred time, swim in the water, look for fish, look for squirrels, look for snakes, look for anything that moves, and then chase the ball some more! We had a really good time watching her cut up.
When we got home I printed out Crystal's freebie dog image and made this card


(click to enlarge)

Didn't it turn out cute? I think Crystal is super talented and so generous to share this darling doggie with us! If you missed out on seeing where to get this cutie, go visit Crystal and she'll tell you!

I colored him with copic markers and then stamped some grass and some tall grass with cattails. I dotted pink and yellow markers in the grass to look like wildflowers, and then I dotted purple around the cattails so they'd look like another kind of bloom. The grass sprigs stamp is from Art Impressions, the little butterfly and the greeting are from Stampendous, and the cattails and grass stamp is an unknown company.

I am sending this card and a few others to Anita at Cards and Coffee. Anita is collecting cards to send to the soldiers in the 184th Battalion of the Army Reserve unit from California. If you have a few thank you or thinking of you cards laying around, think about sending them to her. She's collecting until June 20th.

Well I wish you all a wonderful day and as always, I thank you for looking!

8 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Holly, this is way too cute! and i can't believe you didn't put anything funny on it either!

i love the flowery background. just adorable.

hugs,

CRYSTAL said...

Way too cute!!!! Thanks for the props!!! I love your work and am glad that you enjoyed working with my doodles.!!!!

bumblebee creations said...

super cute!!Crystal should draw for Squigglefly! Love your card Holly!!! Sounds like you have lots of fun with your pup!

msfreida said...

What a precious image! I love the background you created.Just look what y'all get into when I leave town! Off to check out how I can get my own doggie! :)

Hugs~

Pam in Ar. said...

I like how you do the grass...my thought process is zip and I would just have this dog sitting there all by itself...

Glad you got out a little yesterday...it was a good day for a boat ride. No snakes I hope :~)

Pam in Ar. said...

BTW...your #2 should have been your #1 (wink, wink) I love it :~)

Debby said...

OMG this is cute! Love the grass and the wildflowers.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

OMG!! This is so stinkin' cute!! You've done such a fabby job with Crystal's doggie!! Haven't been able to use it yet, but boy you've created such a beautiful scene with it!! ;) TFS!