Sunday, June 7, 2009

Daring Summer

Good morning everyone! Thank you for the anniversary wishes yesterday! I had a great time at the stamp camp yesterday and I have some fun cards to show you, but today I want to show you the card I made for the DareU2DigiStamp challenge #10 which is to use ribbons on your card. How easy is that?! Here's my card


(click to enlarge)

Now I did NOT make this for me! Everyone knows that summer is most certainly not welcomed by me! LOL! I made this for a friend who loves summer time, and hopefully she will love this card too.

I used this image from squigglefly. I have to tell you, this image is perfect for practicing coloring with copic markers. Just pick out three shades of the color you want your flower to be and color each petal practicing your shading. Plus they are so quick to do! Here are the copics I used on this one



I actually printed the butterfly only on a separate scrap piece of cardstock and cut it out and mounted it on top of the card with a pop dot. A rain dot is in the center of the flower and I used a provocraft embossing folder to emboss the yellow layer. Since the challenge is to use ribbons, I went a little more than the usual knot. I really like the plum and yellow together on this too.
I'll be back tomorrow with more to show you, and hopefully that video! Thanks for looking!

19 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

What a cute card and love the big bow.

Working on more than just the girl image and trying to clean them up. Look for them soon!!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

I love ribbon. Every time I go into Michaels I head for the ribbon bin and ya know what????? I pick it up, look at, think about what I can use it for and 9 x out of 10 I put it back. Oh, not because I CAN'T use it but because I already have to much darn ribbon!!!!! That's still NOT getting used!

This is beautiful! I love the colors and the embossing and the RIBBON!

Hugs,

Pam in Ar. said...

I just love bows..they add so much to a card! I purchased a Bow Easy from Sharon but haven't had time to try it out yet...can't wait!!!

Have a great Sunday and I can see I need more copics!!!!!!

bumblebee creations said...

Lovely card Holly!!! This is such pretty color scheme together too!!!

Kat said...

Oh Holly.... this card is sooo purrrtyyy!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Yummy yummy for those ribbons!! I just LOVE ribbons!! Your image and your ribbons and accents look spectacular!! Love the elegance of this!! You're an awesome digi designer girl!! :)

msfreida said...

This is so awesome! It's surprising what a little ribbon will do! :) LOVE that stuff! This image is so versatile, you can use it for anything. I'm hoping I can get time today to play!

Hugs~

Maria Matter said...

Holly, this is so so pretty! Love your design and colors!
Enjoy the rest of your wknd and Happy belated Anniversary!!!
blessings, Maria

Becky said...

cute card and great bow. I am a summer girl, any thing below 70 is freezing :).

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Holly, very pretty,sue.x

Sandra said...

Hi...beautiful card,love the image you have used,and lovely embossing,your friend will love the card...thanks for joining us this week at DU2DS,
Take care
San x

Karen said...

This card is simply stunning. Thanks for joining us this week at DU2DS
Karen x

Heather said...

Beautiful card Holly!! I'm going to go check out the challenge.

Scrubbysue said...

This is beautiful! I love how you did the ribbon and bow and your coloring is wonderful! I did this challenge as well. They have some fun ones don't they?

Caroline said...

Fab card your ribbon is gorgeous
Thanks for joining us this week at DU2DS
Caroline x

Leslie said...

Awesome card! Love the texture and the ribbon!

Jeanette said...

Hi Holly,

I just saw your name at DU2DS and thought I'd check out your card.
I love it. Very simple but very pretty.

I agree, summer is not for me either.

Jeanette

Larissa said...

Great card with a really pretty image!
Thanks for joining us at DU2DS!
Hugs,
Larissa

Sandra said...

What a great ribbon bow. It's really gorgeous. Beautiful. Thanks for joining in with this weeks Dare over on Dare U 2 Digi-Stamp.
Sandra x.