Thursday, June 4, 2009

Friends Are Flowers

Hi everyone! If you haven't yet commented on yesterday's card and want a chance to win it, please go here and leave me a comment before noon. I finally found a little time to create a card with one of the MANY new images just released at squigglefly. I am flabbergasted (which is a hair above shocked) at the number of new images they've released the last couple of days! There are so many and so much variety; it's hard to take them all in! Anyway, I was short on time an I thought this would be a perfect card to make in a hurry!


(click to enlarge)

This took like NO time at all. I just printed it out, colored it with copics and mounted it on some patterened paper with a ribbon tied behind the image and mounted it all on an embossed card. I added an orange rain dot in the center of the flower. Looking at it now I'm thinking I might add some stickles to the butterfly though. This is the perfect image for a card you need at the last minute. These are the copics I used on this card.



I am really short on time and need to make this a quick post, so I wish you all the best day and I'll be back around noon to announce the winner of yesterday's card. Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Simply, but beautiful.... Thanks for the info yesterday...I think I will give it a whirl soon.

You amaze me with your stuff!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

This is beautiful. See... you can be serious!

Hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Holly!! I love this!! Gorgeous colors and the texture really makes it look beautiful!! Awesome job!!...mine was thrown together late last night!! Yours is MUCH better than mine!! :)

Looking forward to working with you!! HUGS!! Thanks for your beautiful influence!!

Tracey said...

Such a pretty card Holly! Love it!

bumblebee creations said...

Lovely card Holly!!! simple yet elegant love the colors you used!

Kat said...

Oh how I love it when you make a card that is simple -- yet so great! I love this one! You sure do know how to put a card together -- great layers!
I was going to ask which font you used, and was glad to see it is actually part of the design. I really like the 'Friends' and 'life' font. :-)
Definitely *add* sparkle to the butterfly too. :-)

Jaspere said...

This is lovely. This is the first new image that I have purchased. Love the colors you used.

msfreida said...

AWESOME image and BEAUTIFUL quote! You did a fabulous job with it and I love its simplicity! There are sooo many new ones that I must have! :)

Hugs

Pam in Ar. said...

Great card for short on time :~)
Today is a beautiful one....ENJOY IT!!!!

Tina said...

great cards and blog - I will definitely be back for more great inspiration. I emailed you regarding the squiggle fly dilemma.

xo

Chrissie said...

As you say, so simple but really effective. Love the colours.

Debby said...

These are really cute. I like the sentiment as the focal. Great card. Wait till you see my challenge card. UGH!

Chris (catt871) said...

Gorgeous!! I love that sentiment!!!!

Heather said...

Wow! Very pretty. Love the embossing!!

Leslie said...

Very cute designed card! I love the simpleness of it!