Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy Day!

Of course it's a happy day, it's Friday! The little blue bird in my card is happy because he's landed himself in a tree that's brimming with crystals!


(click to enlarge)

I used the summer season tree from the Seasonal Trees Set at squigglefly.com to make this card. I originally wanted to put red brads or crystals in the tree to mimic apples, but I didn't have enough red brads, and I had zero red crystals. So I chose the one crystal I had enough of the same color in. I'm smart like that. :)

I colored this with copic markers and then chalked the sky and ground. The grass was stamped over the chalk. Here are the copic colors I used



The green layer behind the image is embossed with the textile embossing folder from Provocraft and the card base is Kraft.
I computer generated the words. I think all of the seasonal trees in the set are so cute. I'll be glad when the weather is telling me to print the winter one!
Ya'll take care, have a great day, and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Tracey said...

A fantastic card Holly! Love the crystals in the tree!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

I'm gonna call your cards "Holly happys" because they always make me smile. OK. They make me laugh out loud too. See? Happy!

This is super.

hugs,

CRYSTAL said...

Wow who wouldnt want a diamond tree in there yard!!!! Love it...I just wouldnt want to be under the tree when they fell....ouch!!!

Love the trees images too!!!!!
Great job its tree-mendous!!!!!

Martha said...

oh what a cute tree!
I love it.

Maria Matter said...

Hey Holly!
This is adorable! Made me smile! I didn't see this tree while drooling through all the SF images, guess I'll have to go through them again!
Your little bird is perfect sitting in this lovely crystal tree! the embossing looks great too!
Have a super duper day!
Blessings, Maria

Becky said...

Great job on this tree, love the crystals. I agree with Stef, your cards should be called Holly happys :).

MANDEE said...

I LOVE THIS! I agree with the HOLLY HAPPYS They always make me smile too!

Wendy said...

SOOO cute!! Love the tree and the "bling". The colors are great too. TFS!! :)

CAThi said...

cute card, but had to comment on your WINTER loving post. My family has wondered for years if I should be committed for loving winter as much as i do.

Love it, Love it. (except ice, but hey that's allowed isn't it)

Kristie said...

Sorry I haven't commented for a while...I don't want you to think I don't love you anymore :)
Everything you've been doing lately is soooooo awesome! Your mojo is really on fire right now and I'm looking forward to more wonderful Holly creations ♥

Pam in Ar. said...

I love those crystals!! Come on Holly, summer hasn't even started yet....I don't like humid or hot weather but I don't like wearing my coat either :~)

Love the warmer cards....

scraphappy4067 said...

Holly,

I love your card!

You can color your crystals with copics to make them any color you want! I tried it recently andit works great!

Kelly

msfreida said...

I'm with you about wanting some winter back! It's already hit 94 here and it's not even officially summer yet! :(

I totally agree about the Holly Happys! I have withdrawals pains when I'm out of town and can't get my daily dose!

This card is an awesome idea! LOVE the crystals!!!

Hugs~

Debby said...

I love the trees too and have been playing but not completed anything with them yet. This is of course adorable. Diamond tree. That's funny. We all need one of those.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Gorgeous Holly!! I love all those rhinestones on the tree!! If only we could find a tree like that in REAL life!! TEE! ;)