Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Yes it's a happy day because it's Friday! The mailman we have at work is off on Monday's so he works on Saturdays. He knows I love Fridays because I usually get to leave work a little early on Friday and the weekend is coming up. He always acts so grumpy when I look at him all happy and grinning and say "It's Friday" and says "yeah, well not everyone is happy about it!"

Today's card was made with my mailman in mind.


(click to enlarge)

Isn't it cute? I also made this for the Digital Tuesday challenge that's being sponsored by Squigglefly this week. You're supposed to make something using your scraps. The scraps on my card is the designer paper and the white cardstock I printed my image and words on. I colored the image with copic markers and here are the colors I used



Now you might be scratching your head at how this could possibly relate to my mailman story. Well, let me show you the inside



LOL! I think I may even give this to him even though it's all girly with pink and purple!

Squigglefly has added a new feature to their site that I'm excited about. You can now shop by artist! You should go take a look and see if you can guess which artist did what image. Fun stuff!
Well, I hope all of you have an absolutely wonderful day and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

I'm Crystal said...

Super cute....and you got a little streak in you that I like. Give it to the mailman, I dare ya!!!! Bwahahahahahahaha.

bumblebee creations said...

Yeppers, I think you should give it to the mailman too!! How cute!! I love your sentiment, and the image is totally adorable (I got her myself)! Gotta go check out the SF site! And (smiles)-it's friday!!! I am happy about it this week-as I have today and tomorrow off for Chelsie's open house! Yeah!

Pam in Ar. said...

I double dare ya :~) give it to the mailman...you know you wanna do it (wicked grin)..you are a stinker!!

Love it!!!!

msfreida said...

Oh Holly, you make life fun! ;) LOL It really gets me when you have someone who pops your balloon when you're on top of the world!

This image is adorable! It just makes you smile! :) I LOVE your coloring and especially the shading of her skin! I still want to be morphed so I can sit on your shoulders to watch you color!

Yes...HAPPY FRIDAY! :)
Hugs

Becky said...

She is just to cute!! I love this image and the colors and that dp. And as always your coloring is fabulous. I would give this to my mail man, and yes he is a guy :)

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

TEE!! Holly, this is just too cute!! I love your title!! TEE!! Your coloring is wonderful!!

Sorry about your problems on my blog. I've taken just about EVERYTHING off now! The photobucket, the adsense, feedjunkitz...everything!! So hopefully I won't have any more troubles!! have a great weekend hun!! HUGS

Jeanette said...

The mailman will love it!!!
I like your pattern paper. It looks really nice with your colors.

Glad that sweet Riley is on the mend.

Jeanette

Maria Matter said...

Oh, you're a fun one Holly! Gotta give it to the mailman! Too funny!

This is a great image and a super cute card! Well done!
Blessings, Maria

Martha said...

so cute!

Maria Matter said...

oops! I forgot to say...
Thanks Holly for playing along with us at the Digital Tuesday Challenge!
Blessings, Maria

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

tooo cute & funny. i think you should definitely give it to him. and while you're at it, attach a pacifier. maybe if he's sucking on something he won't be so grumpy!

HUGS,

Jaspere said...

Holly this is absolutely adorable. Your coloring is fabulous.

Saskia said...

Beautiful card! So sweet...

Greetings,
Saskia :)

Lora said...

This is so cute. You really should give it to the mailman lol.
Thanks for playing along at the DTC this week.
Lora xx

Emma said...

Hi Holly
Aw totally adorable card...I am loving the image. Far too cute!!!
Thanks for joining us at DTC and good luck.
Emma x

Debby said...

Very clever and cute.Your mailman would be tickled pink ;-) I'm sure to receive a lovely card like this. Bet it doesn't happen any day.