Hi everyone. I was very surprised and happy to have received the following award from Crystal at The Rustic Daisy. I haven't known Crystal long, but she grows on you fast! She is one funny, sweet, and talented gal and if you haven't visited her blog before you should do it now. I know you'll leave there with a smile on your face!
This award comes with the stipulations that I tell you ten things about myself and pass it on to seven other people. Let's get the ten things out of the way first
1. I am the fifth of six daughters my parents had. No brothers in our family. Yes, you can feel sorry for my dad!
2. I love puns; even bad ones.
3. I don't have toenails on either of my big toes.
4. I hate to have my picture taken.
5. I had to ask friends to help me think of ten things.
6. I'm afraid of spiders.
7. I take baths more than showers.
8. I do not like to go away for vacations.
9. I will grow weeds if the bloom is pretty.
10. I do not ever go barefoot.
Pretty boring stuff there huh? But what's NOT boring is the blogs I'm passing this award to!
1. Carlie Bug Crafts - Carlie is the daughter of Jana Mays who is on the squigglefly design team. This girl creates cards like there's no tomorrow! Seriously, I've never seen anyone go after challenges like she does!
2. Suzanne Dean at Scrapbitz - I haven't been following Suzanne long because I just found her through a friend, but she's got so much talent and she shares what she knows! She's probably gotten this award and many others over and over.
3. Rebekka at A Diamond In The Rough - I love to read Rebekka's bible verses and what they mean to her and how they play a part in her life.
4. Loretta at Stamping With Loretta - she's always got something interesting on her blog and videos every now and then too.
5. Nina B. at Crafting In Croatia - Nina is one of the newer artists at Squigglefly and that's how I discovered her blog. She is full of talent and so giving.
6. Debby Boltman at Debby's Stuff. Debby is a true artist in my eyes. She's got a real eye for design and an offbeat sense of humor I adore.
7. Angie Kennedy at Chic n' Scratch - full of information and so willing to share!
Now before I show you my card let me whine a bit. Remember my tooth that fell off the post? Well I got it glued back in last week, and now the darned thing is infected! I had to start a round of antibiotics last night and go back to the dentist in a week. Oh well, maybe I'll sell some more cards when I go back! At least it's not hurting.
Okay, now I'm ready to show you my card. I had this idea for a while and it turned out so cute I think! I hope you all think so too.
Remember the card I made here where I had the turtle's shell swing open and reveal the little bug he had inside? Well, I took that idea and made this. Here's the front of the card
(click to enlarge)
The image is the For You turtle from squigglefly. There's a little yellow rain dot in the center of the flower. I colored it with copic markers and made the shell just like I did the other one so it swings open. The words are computer generated and I'm sorry I couldn't find a free download for you. It's called Miss LeGatees. So, any guesses what's hiding behind the shell? Let's take a look
Isn't it cute? This mama turtle is having a baby that's gonna grow up to look just like her! LOL! I think it makes a cute and definitely different congratulations on your pregnancy card! Here are the markers I used to color.
Have a great one, and thanks for checking in!