Sunday, June 21, 2009

If This Were Jerry Springer...

If you are here for my blogaversary candy, please go here. But come back!

Hi everyone! The whole time I was coloring today's card one thought kept going through my mind. Before I tell you that thought though I need to give you some background. As the whole world knows because the television stations bombarded us with the news night and day, television stations went from analog to digital on June 12th.

Well, I have a television at work that uses the old rabbit ears antennae and on June 12th I no longer had tv. It wasn't a huge loss. The rabbit ears only picked up one station! But my boss, great guy that he is went and bought one of the converter boxes so that I'd have T.V. again.

I got it all hooked up and let it scan for stations and got 5 channels! But none of those channels was the one that I had always watched. So, I was punching the channels around to see what was on and one of the channels had Jerry Springer on. I detest that show and was surprised to see it was even still on the air. I watched a few minutes of it and continued channel surfing. Anyway, I think the little bit that I saw made this thought run through my head and then I couldn't get rid of it.

Here's my card with the greeting I went with


(click to enlarge)

but I was thinking "That guy on Jerry Springer could give this card to his dad with the greeting 'You're a crappy dad' for father's day" LOL! Isn't it funny the things that go through your head when you're coloring? Oh, it's just me?

Anyway, this is one of the new squigglefly images and it's called One Seater. Isn't it a hoot? Crystal from Rustic Daisy drew this one!

I also participated in the Inspiration Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers yesterday. I don't get a chance to do that challenge very often, but it was so hot yesterday that I was spending more time in my craft room.
Anyway, the inspiration came from a pair of baby booties from a place called Bugaloo. Here's a picture of the booties I got my inspiration from



When I saw this I knew what I wanted to do and the good thing is that it also qualifies for the DareU2DigiStamp challenge this week which is to create a scene!

Here's my card


(click to enlarge)

I colored the entire thing with chalks. I embossed a cuttle bug embossing folder onto a card that the bird was already printed on, and then I colored the leaves and branches with chalk. I then chalked in a tree, sky, and grass. I stamped grass sprigs and colored the bird with chalks. The bird is from squigglefly and is called Hungry Bird.

I hope you're all enjoying your Sunday. Don't forget that tomorrow I'll announce the winner of my blogaversary candy! Thanks for looking!

17 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Love the outhouse card....Bwahahahahaha You're too funny... My mind wonders when I'm creating a card too.

The scene card is too cute. That little fat bird os adorable.

Thanks for enjoying my scribbles!!!!

bumblebee creations said...

I love it Holly!!! And how funny that Jerry springer comes to mind when you saw it! I love the birdie card too-great chalking!!! Love how you've made his little cheeks blushy!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i love that outhouse and i think your sentiment (both in & out) are hysterical - as always. i'm not a fan of the Jerry Springer show either but he's getting rich from it!

the bird card is great. i love that you embossed the top part and made it look just like a tree. gteat job!

hugs,

Carole RB said...

Hi Holy
I have an outhouse stamp and it's written 19th hole. Just to give you another idea for another card. You are so funny, you would certainly find something (sentiment) to go with! I love both of your cards.
Have a nice sunday!

LaVerne said...

Love the outhouse card. I just bought that image yesterday and have been trying to think of a sentiment.

Scrubbysue said...

LOL! What a perfect theme for Jerry Springer too! heeheehee...I love the little birdy card as well. How fun!

Michelle said...

Lovely bootees and you've done an amazing job transfering the idea to paper, brilliant!
Thanks for joining us at DU2DS this week.
x Michelle

Pam in Ar. said...

aWWWWW your boss is such a nice man, that was very sweet of him :~)

Crapper??? BWAHAHAHAHAHAH...you are too funny Holly!! You come up with the craziest things and I love it!

I really liked the embossing folder that you used on the second card, it really made the card..especially when you colored it.

Have a great day..it's gonna be another hot one...

Larissa said...

Oh that is such a sweet little bird. Love the little scene you created.
Thanks for joining us at DU2DS!
Hugs,
Larissa

Maria Matter said...

Fabulous outhouse card Holly, thanks for letting us in your head on that one! lol It's fun to share our thought process, isn't it?!

The little birdie card is oh-so-sweet! Love the way you did the embossed branches!
Hope you're enjoying your weekend!
Blessings, Maria

Becky said...

HAHA!! Love the out house, brings back memories :).
love this embossed folder and scene, never thought about doing it.

Nora said...

Both of those are so cute - the outhouse is a riot. Sad to say this, but I could use the Father's Day one that you had in your noggin for my father. *sigh*

I can't stand Jerry Springer either, but I use him when I get irritated. My boys know when I say "Don't MAKE me go Jerry Springer on you!" that it's time to clear the room! *ROFL*

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! I really LOVE the outhouse dear!! How cute!! That little birdie is so sweet too!! I love that image!! :) Awesome job girl!!

Debby said...

"Isn't it funny the things that go through your head when you're coloring? Oh, it's just me?"

It's just you ;-) Hilarious card.

I despise JS as well. What a stupid, wast of time show.k

Love your birdie scene card. Great idear with the embossing folder.

Caroline said...

love the dunny card lol lol
Thanks for joining us at DU2DS!

Sandra said...

Those booties are so scrummy...love how you have been inspired to make a card by them. Thank you so much for joining in and creating a scene with the team on Dare U 2 Digi Stamp.
Hugs
Sandra x

msfreida said...

LOL This is too cute! Oh does my mind ever wander...my ADD makes sure of that! Why do you think it takes me so long to make a card??? I love this image and it will definitely be added to my collection.

The birdie card is adorable! Your chalking is per-fect-o! The embossing really makes it an eye- catcher...awesome job!

Hugs~