Friday, June 19, 2009

Moooving Friendship

If you are here for my blogaversary candy, please go here. But come back! :)

If you haven't yet commented on yesterday's card, and you'd like to have a chance to win it, you have until noon today to leave a comment here. I'll be back a little after noon to tell you who random.org picked!

I made today's card for last week's splitcoast stampers featured stamper challenge. The card I chose to CASE is here.



(click to enlarge)

I used Squigglefly's Clarabell image and only colored with black because the card I was casing was all black and white. The print at the bottom of the card is a mixture of several stamps. I just stamped portions of some stamps.
The words in the main greeting were printed out on the computer and then punched out with the word window punch. I also used the word window punch to punch out pieces of black cardstock to go under and to the left of the words like the card I cased did.

Over all I like it. I think anyone could tell it's a based on that card. It is hard to not add just a bit of color though!

On the home front, my sister is out of the hospital and back home. It's amazing to me that someone can have a total hip replacement on Monday and be back home on Thursday. She and I both thank everyone for their prayers. She really is doing great; so much better than I think I would be!
Okay, I'll be back later to tell you who won the card! Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

This little gal has been showing up lately-I am going to have to get her-she is so cute! Love your card, and black and white is perfect to use with this image!!!! I love how you have randomly stamped bits and pieces of stamps on the bottom!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

absolutely love the card. keeping it black & white is super!

i had a hip replacement and it's the best thing i ever did. give sis a hug.

hugs to you too.

CRYSTAL said...

Love the black and white card... I can only imagine how hard it was not to add color. That is

CRYSTAL said...

Dont know what happened to the rest of my msg....

That is a very cute image...I almost used it again yesterday.

Glad your sis is getting better!!!!

Becky said...

Glad to hear your sister is doing well. Love this black and white, and love the back ground words, yes it is hard not to put a dot of color some where :).

Debby said...

Knowing me I would have veered from the rules and added a bling somewhere. I love it. I think I'll try it and refrain from being a rebel. Glad you sis is doing well.

Pam in Ar. said...

WOW!! So glad that your sister is home already. I know the relief of having that behind her is great :~)

Cute card..we call one of my granddaughters, Moo..her name is Maddi but she's just Moo to us...

Maria Matter said...

Hi Holly!
So glad to hear the good news about your sister...it is amazing what can be done these days!

I love your b/w card and that image is adorable! Good job not being tempted to add color. hehe That would be me too. If that cow had lips, I would just have to make them bright red! lol
Hope you're having a super day!!
Blessings, Maria

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Very cool!! Your black and white is just perfect for this image!! She's another cutie for sure!! SIGH!! So many of them to get!! TEE!! Very cool creations!! Thanks for your inspiration!! :) HUGS

Scrubbysue said...

This is really cute! I like the black and white theme. perfect!

Nora said...

What a cute card! I've missed a few days - gonna have to see what else you've been up to....
~hugs~