Monday, June 8, 2009

My Cooking's Gone To Pot

Hi everyone. I hope you all had a nice Sunday! I worked on a few challenges so I'll have cards to show you this week. The card I want to show you today was made for the challenge over at No Time To Stamp which was to make a card that has some kind of pot on it. It could be a flower pot, a coffee pot, whatever. I chose the pots on the Overwhelmed image at squigglefly.


(click to enlarge)

I accidently printed this image on to Stampin Up card stock, and copic markers just do not do well on this cardstock for some reason. I don't know if there is some kind of coating or what, but if you enlarge the photo of the card you will kind of see on her shirt and apron how it's not blended smoothly. It wasn't enough to bother me though, so I continued to make the card with it.

Now this card is going to be sent to a friend of mine who hates Chinese food. She says she doesn't like it because she heard a long time ago that they cook cats. She knows it's not true, but she still can't get the thought out of her head. Anyway, you needed to know that to understand the inside of my card.




If you say the verse on the outside with the verse on the inside it does make a catchy little rhyme! LOL! I think it will make her laugh.
Here are the colors I used for this image



The other day a girl on the squigglefly group at card universe made the comment that she loved the squigglefly images, but she found them a little too expensive for her. I went into all the reasons I find digital stamps to be so economical and I decided to make a little video that tells you all the ways they can save you money. It's short, and there's no fancy music or even pictures, but it's informative!



I did spend a LOT of time yesterday making the microsoft word video, and I have it ready for you too. It's really hard to get these things down to ten minutes, and I had to cut out one part where I add an image and place text, but since I do the same thing two more times I decided cut one of them out so the video would upload. Anyway, I hope you get some good pointers from it, and I'd love to hear your feedback on it; good and bad!



Well, gotta run. Have a great day and thanks for looking!

21 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Great cards and tutorial....

Most people dont realize the complexity of making cards....LOL

I dont like whisper white CS either for coloring w/color pencils the blending doesnt look as good.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

You are just one awesome lady. So full of....... knowledge! Bet you thought I was gonna say something else, huh?

You definitely hit the nail on the head with the digital stamps info. soooooo true. it's definitely THE WAY TO GO!

And your card, as always, is super!

hugs,

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly
You've worked hard for this post! Great card and wonderful video clips. Thanks for these tutorials.

And another important fact with digital images: NO CLEANING STAMPS.

Have a nice day!

Jeanne said...

Thanks for the funny card and the great videos. I didn't know about the thing you could do in Word to format the picture.

You've taught me something new today. After some initial hesitation, which you graciously helped me overcome, I have really enjoyed exploring digital stamps. Thank you!

Becky said...

First, I just love this card and that image. next-I am glad you are doing videos about these stamps, I do not use them because I love my rubber, but it is no telling :).

Art By JoJo said...

well, I know how she feels with those pots, lol :o)
You are so talented Holly, I love the way you put cards together. Thanks for the inspiration. jo x

msfreida said...

Oh I LOVE this sentiment! :) The next time I am needed a catchy one, I know who I will contact! The card is so AWESOME...even on this paper!

The way I try to conquer a dilemma is to make a 2 lists: positive and negative. With the digital images, there are far more positives! I'm a rubber stamp lover from wayyyy back, but I am now converted over to the easy way! I still use the rubber, and often with my digitals.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for the videos. I know this took a lot of time, but we greatly appreciate it! :)

Hugs~

Michelle said...

wondeful cards and much appreciated tutorials holly..thank you!..and thank you for your kind note on my blog about Chelsea and Realy for Life. ((hugs))

Jaspere said...

Holly these are great. It looks like she is cooking up something good.

Jackie said...

Love your card...nice coloring too!

Lynn said...

Love this fabulous cooking image!! And the "add a cat" is hilarious!! I love it although my granddaughters might take offense!! LOL!!

Sue said...

Oh two brill cards luv your sense of humour, wicked, sue.x

bumblebee creations said...

Hi Holly-your card is awesome and I learned sooo much from your tutorial!! Thank you for taking the time to teach all of us all the tricks of the trade!

Jennifer Talley said...

Oh my gosh, I love the inside of your card with the cat. Too funny!!

Martha said...

how cute, and great tutorial

Pam in Ar. said...

Thanks for the videos Holly, you have spoiled us :~) Thanks for the info on the copics too..I need to figure out what I want to do now...

I love the image..I don't know why I'm drawn to those types of images instead of teddy bears and dolls..oh well..it takes all kinds to make the world go around right??

Crafty Creations said...

Great image!! I think you met the challenge of using a pot alright!!!

Maria Matter said...

OMGosh, Holly, that cat and your story behind it are just too funny! What a fun card!
Blessings, Maria

TeresaW said...

I can't thank you enough for that video about the pictures and text. I had seen that feature before, but never thought how it could be used in a practical sense. It is great to see the master at work. I love it now that you don't have the videos wabbling about now ether. Your generosity in giving up your time to make them is wonderful. Thanks very much.

I'm off now to make that Apple cake that I have been promising my DH that I would make - Your cooking card reminded me that I wanted to do something other than blog this morning. Hahahaha.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER Holly!!! What a REALLY fabulous post girl!! Thanks for the tutorial on that!! I think that's a great thing to do!! :)

As for your card, your coloring is just awesome!! :) Thanks so much for sharing all of this!!

Cr8ive ME said...

too funny

{fly girl hugs}
Mary