Saturday, June 27, 2009

Nature's Way

Hey everyone! Today's post is going to be short and sweet. I have lots to do and I'm going to try to get most of it done before the sun heats things up too much! It's supposed to be a scorcher today as it has all week long. I hope you are all staying cool and drinking lots of water.

I am re-building my stash of birthday cards and today I used an image that someone sent to me. I think it's from Whipper Snapper but I am not sure.


(click to enlarge)


It's colored with copic markers and I chalked a little bit of yellow around him. Stickles were added to the sprinkles on the icing. The words are computer generated and I didn't write down what font I used, but I think it's ck becky.

I think it's a cute card, and it would have been good for a male or female birthday if I had kept the colors a little less girly. I should think of that BEFORE I make the card!

We did get the bandage off of Riley's foot and she's doing pretty good. She still holds her leg up a lot when she walks but I'm sure it's still a little sore. I'm going to try to go take her for a walk as soon as I get this posted.

When I get back I'm going to get ready to take my best friend out to breakfast. I called her the other day and told her that all of our conversations during the week are quick little "how was your dayS" and we need a chance to just get together for an hour and really talk and enjoy ourselves, so I invited her to breakfast!

I hope you all have a wonderful and day, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Yay Riley...she'll be chasing motorized cars again before you know it :~)

Yum to the cupcake on the card, it looks good enough to eat!
Aren't best friends great?? Have a good breakfast...I'm going to go help take care of my new grand-daughter, She's home :~)

Think cool thoughts today everyone :~)

I'm Crystal said...

Great card and great colors.... yeah get everything done before it gets hot.... I'm gonna do the same here. Have to make a cobbler to take to my sisters today.

Glad Riley is getting better everyday...

bumblebee creations said...

I love your card today-what a cute image! I hope it is not a scorcher here today! Getting ready for the big day-will be so glad to get it over with! Have fun at breakfast and hugs to Riley!

msfreida said...

What a cute card! Love the coloring and chalking...the stickles add the perfect touch!

Hope you enjoy your breakfast! Stay cool! :)

Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is a cutie. i like the colors too.

glad riley is doing better and....

you can call me for breakfast anytime!!!!

hugs,

Kat said...

Oh what a cutesy card. Love the paper & cs you used. The glitter. And PINK! ;-)

Glad to hear Riley is on the mend. Oh dear, I just now remembered that YOU are missing toenails.
I guess Riley simply wanted to be a little more like her mommy, huh? How sweet is that! RITCMOL

Nora said...

Cute! I love WhipperSnapper & I love it that they carry stamps by Shelly Comiskey (I used her digital graphics b4 I knew they'd turned her work into stamps). The colors are great for that image, Holly.
~hugs~

Anita said...

Cute card! Enjoy your weekend!

Becky said...

This is adorable, you need to do a coloring tutorial one day, cause your coloring is awesome.
Poor Riley, my heart just goes out to her.
When me and my girlfriends get together we have sleep overs, and we do manicures and pedicures on each other, talk all night long until we pass out :).

Maria Matter said...

Hi Holly!
Hope your breakfast was pleasant! Glad to hear Riley is free of the bandage, she'll be chasing squirrels again in no time!

Lovely b'day card, colored wonderfully! And you're right, it is a Whipper Snapper! Totally adorable!
blessings, Maria

TeresaW said...

Hope you enjoyed your girlie chat and glad to hear that Riley is on the mend. Animals hide it when they are ill so when we know about it they are really bad. Glad you took her to the vet quick.

That is a great image by the way. I love cup cakes. Don't have a cup cake shop here. Hmmmm, maybe an business opportunity looms. ...

Melanie said...

This is adorable!! I love finding stamped images that friends have sent, it allows me to play with images I normally sometimes would not buy. ;-)

Debby said...

I love how your colored the mouse. And the colors are vibrant and "girly" yes. It's wonderful that you have a friend to call and talk with. Hope you had a great breakfast.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh Holly!! Your coloring is amazing hun!! Your Whipper Snapper birthday mouse is adorable to say the least!! If you can teach me to color with Copics like you do....you need to teach me!!!! :)