Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Pretty Posies And A Cute Cat

Hi everyone! Well, I made it to the dentist yesterday and thankfully he was able to glue the tooth back on the post. I was worried the part that the post was in might have been bad, but all's well! I took some of my latest cards with me because everyone there loves to see my cards. I ended up selling 7 of them! I think that's the first time I've left the dentist office with more money than I went in with! LOL!

Today I have a card I made with squigglefly's Whimsical Posies. What may surprise you is that I didn't use my copics at all! I decided to color the whole thing with my chalks.


(click to enlarge)

I thought the chalks added to the light, airy look of the drawing. I stamped some flourishes from Autumn Leaves on the side and did a technique from Technique Junkies called Heavenly Holes. It's a cool look I think, and so easy to do.
The words are computer generated in that Zapfino font. I was just at the squigglefly site and saw some new images have been added! I really love the Seasonal Trees set! You can bet I'll be using those soon!

Before I let you go I wanted to share a picture of our cat with you just because I thought he looked so cute :)




Doesn't he look so relaxed? I hope you have a great day, and as always thanks for looking!

10 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Love the 'airy' effect you created..and the holes are an added bonus. You always have that extra something on your cards!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Love the card and the colors and am gonna check out how to do those "holes".

The cat? Had me laughing out loud!

Hugs,

Becky said...

I love this holey affect :), this is beautiful. And yes that cat is relaxed.

Kat said...

I agree that your chalking purrfectly fits the airy look of the fleurs.
Now what about the Heavenly Holes technique? I was thinking you just punched holes in the card, for the yellow cs to show thru -- but some of those holes are rather far in from the edge -- and also smaller, so I'm not sure.
purrrrr........relaaaaax, kitty! =^..^=

msfreida said...

LOVE IT!!! The chalk is perfect for this image! I love this look! Hopefully my newsletter will come today so I can check out this technique. From what I've seen here, it's a winner!

Your cat has more dignity than Batman when is out like that! His legs spread wide open!!! :( Thank goodness he's neutered! LOL

Hugs~

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

So soft and gorgeous...just like kitty!! :) TFS!

Pam in Ar. said...

Beautiful card.....love the kitty..I sure do miss mine :(

bumblebee creations said...

How cute! I too like the soft look of the card!!! I rarely think to get out my chalks! I love the look of the holes too!! Those new images ore gorgeous!!

Maria Matter said...

Holly, this is so delightful! What a great technique...well done!

Love the kitty pix, makes me smile!!
Blessings, Maria

Debby said...

I love the soft look of the chalk. Very nice. I have trouble with crowns coming off. My mouth resists the cement for some reason. Truly a pain in the arse. My pom lays like your cat. Loves to let it all hang out.