Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Something Old Something New

Hi everyone. Is it just Tuesday? It seems like it should be at least Wednesday by now! I hope your week is going by a little faster than mine is.
Thanks for the comments on my tutorial yesterday. I really hope it proves helpful to you. The card I have to show you today was made for the challenge at Stamp Something challenge blog which is to stamp something with a wedding theme.


(click to enlarge)

This is one of the newer images at Squigglefly called Wedding Bliss Bride and Groom. This was printed out on the same Stampin Up card stock that yesterday's image was printed on, so the copics didn't blend well on his suit at all. Again though, it wasn't bad enough to make me scrap it and start over! I love the free flowing look of this image. I used a corner punch on the corners and then ran a silver thread around the image panel using the notches the corner punch made to hold the thread in place.

I used a fiskars border punch that both punches and embosses on the designer paper. The flowers are some of the bridal flowers from Michaels. Little pink rain dots are in the center. Here are the copics I used



I have a fun card to show you tomorrow. It's one I've had in mind for a few days now and finally had a chance to make it. I'm excited about it and can't wait to show you! Well, have a great day and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

NinaB said...

Wow, this is beautiful! It makes me happy to see my simple drawings transformed into beautiful creations like this. Thanks for letting me know.

bumblebee creations said...

so pretty!!! I love that border! the colors are so soft=gorgeous!!!

Lauri said...

This is a beautiful wedding card!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is one of my favorite images and you certainly made it beautiful.

i find my copics color fabulously on copy paper. i print the images out on regular copy paper, and color. if you let it sit a few hours, there's very little - if any - bleeding - at least that's what i found. and nobody can tell it's NOT cardstock!

can't wait to see tomorrow's card. i'll just bet you'll have us ROTFLOBO!

hugs,

CRYSTAL said...

Very elegant....Love the tiny details....silver thread the tiny raindrops!!!! Lovely!!!!

Scroll down on my blog, I have something for ya there!!!

Pam in Ar. said...

I love that border punch...it really sets off the elegance of the card. The silver thread was a good idea too, you can't go wrong with a Bride & Groom :~)

I think your coloring job is fab!

Have a great day..my dad is visiting us from Portland, Or.for a few days..it's nice to have him here again, it's been 4 years since he was here:~) My week is flying by!

Becky said...

This is a beautiful card..

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Stunning Holly!! WOWZER!! What beautiful details!! This is so elegant!! Perfect for the occasion!! :)

Martha said...

such a cute image!

Jeanette said...

Thanks Holly,

I don't know what happened to my pic. But it's there now.

Love your bride and groom.

Jeanette

Cr8ive ME said...

beautiful card.

M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Holly!!

Erin... said...

This is so pretty! I love that wonderful image! All your details are just perfect! Thanks for joining us at Stamp SOmething!

msfreida said...

OH THIS IS GORGEOUS! WOW! This image is so awesome and I love the soft colors you chose. The detail of the border is perfect! Very exquisite!

Hugs~

Cheri Howard said...

HOLLY!!!!! Did you see that you made Card of the Week for this card? WTG, girl!

http://www.cardoftheweek.com/2009/06/card-of-the-w-2.html