Monday, June 22, 2009

Squigglefly Challenge #7

Hey everyone. I'm here to announce the winner of my blogaversary candy and I also wanted to show you the card I made for the squigglefly challenge #7 which is to create something using the "out of the box" technique. To do this you simply cut a shape around your image letting some of the image go out the shape.

I used one of the newer images Squigglefly has called Wishing Well, and only let a tiny portion out of my oval shape. Here's my card


click to enlarge)

Only the top of the wishing well and some of the cat's tail are out of my box. I colored this with copic markers and chalked the sky and grass. Here's a picture of the copic colors I used for this image



I used my coluzzle to cut my oval and then I created a mat for my image by cutting one a little larger. The corners of the card are pierced. I still may add a sentiment at the bottom, but for now this is how it stands. Hope you like it!

Okay, I know you really want to know who won the blog candy, so let's get to it! Random.org picked #2 which makes Pam in AR the winner! I think this is rather fitting for my blogaversary giveaway since Pam has been with me from the start and never fails to leave me a comment. Thanks Pam, and I already have your address so all you need to do is watch your mailbox!

See ya ya'll tomorrow!

10 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

Congrats Pam in AR!!!!

Janet said...

such a fantastic card! love it:)
hugs

bumblebee creations said...

Holly- I love your card!!! Another image I will have to get-it is very cute! I really like how you colored your kitty too! Did it cool down at all today?

Karin said...

Gorgeous card Holly.
Love the cute image.

xoxo karin

Pam in Ar. said...

EEK!!!!! I won???? I had no idea! I am so excited I have to keep remembering to close my mouth LOL because it keeps hanging open!!!

Thanks random org, and to you too Holly. It have enjoyed this past year with you :~) and look forward to the next :~)))))

Carole RB said...

Congrats Pam!

msfreida said...

YEAAAA Pam! :) You go, GF! :)

This card is so adorable! I love the "out of the box" parts... perfect image for it! AMAZING job Holly!

Hugs~

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER Holly!! This is just gorgeous!! I love this new image!! ;) Your coloring is always so nice!! TFS!!!

MANDEE said...

I LOVE THIS!

Debby said...

Cute cute! Congrats to Pam!