Saturday, June 6, 2009

What's Your Sign?

Hi everyone! I sure did miss ya'll yesterday! My blogging account was all messed up and I couldn't post. It threw my whole day off!

Yesterday my husband and I celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary. We went out to eat and just enjoyed our evening out. It was a beautiful day here yesterday too. Nice and cool in the morning; slowly warming up, but then back down cool again in the evening. I wish all summer days could be just like that!

Well, I do have a card for you today so let's get to it!


(click to enlarge)

I used an image from squigglefly called What's Your Sign. Before printing him I added text to the sign. You can make your sign say whatever you'd like! The font I used on this is called Tag Let. Like it? You can get it here free!

I had this part way colored when two of the brown markers I was using ran out of ink and I don't have a refill for them! I had to print the bear out again and choose different shades of brown for him. Since the sign on the other bear was still useable, I cut the paws and the sign out and glued only the paws down on my new bear so the sign kind of bows out a bit.
I think you can see in this picture what I mean



Here are the copics I used to color him



I drew in the little path I have him standing on and chalked it with greys and chalked the grass on the sides and chalked the sky. I then stamped some grass sprigs in the green chalk.

I have every intention of making that video today to show you how to print your digital images and text at the same time and to arrange them on the page to your liking. Hopefully youtube will cooperate with me this time! I also have a stamp camp to attend this afternoon. I'm looking forward to that! I will of course share the cards with you all.
Well, have a wonderful Saturday and thank you for looking!

17 comments:

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly
Happy wedding anniversary! Your card is very cute!

Pam in Ar. said...

Happy Anniversary, Holly...it was a beautiful day wasn't it!

Cute bear, this would make a great card for a boy birthday :~)

Have a great weekend.....

Debby said...

Always so clever. The sign turned out perfectly. And 33 years. Wow. That is no small feat. Happy Anniversary.

bumblebee creations said...

Yeah, Holly-you know men-is it really a coincidence that your blog wouldn't work on your anniversary????? HM....
JK!!! You really were missed though-I felt kinda lost not being able to check out a card made by you yesterday!!! Glad you are up and running and I cant wait to see what you make today at your camp!

Kat said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HOLLY!

Odd that the *brown* bear (& Copic) appears quite reddish on my screen. I'd thought you made a red Care Bear. LOL

So kewl how you have the sign!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your anniversary. I just celebrated my 33rd this month too. Love your work, kkep it up! Jane

PatBowman said...

Oh Happy Anniversary Holly! You did a wonderful job coloring the bear. He's adorable!

msfreida said...

Happy anniversary! :)

This is a precious bear and I love what you did with the sign! I love images that have a display for the sentiment like this! Sooo versatile! Also love the background you created!!! Awesome job!

Hugs

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

well a very happy anniversary to you 2. 33 years!!! Holy moly. You don't look old enough!

very cute card and i can't wait to see the video - the word video - not the wedding video - LOL.

hugs,

CRYSTAL said...

That is the cutest bear.... I just drew a girl holding a sign like that last night....
Happy anniversary!!!

Becky said...

Happy Anniversary.. This card is cute, love how you created that path.

Chris (catt871) said...

Ooohhhhhh, he is CUTE!!!!!!! I have to wait for pay day, then I will go shopping again!! LOL

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

ACK!!! Holly!!! This is soo stinkin' adorable!! I Just love that little sign you've created!! I really love this bear and had thought about all the things to put in that sign!! :) Beautiful coloring too!!

Scrubbysue said...

How cute!

Kristin said...

congrats on 33 years! today marks our 12th anniversary! love the teddy bear image and card :-)

Art By JoJo said...

Holly, thank you so very much for using my bear image in this way, you have coloured him wonderfully, and I love the finished card. Thanks again for introducing me to Squigglefly, I hope to have more images coming soon after our vacation. I really love how you coloured him :o) Jo x

Jaspere said...

This is adorable.