Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Are You Ready To Rock?

Hi everyone! Ever since I did the challenge at 365 cards blog to make a silhouette from an image (see this card) I've been looking at the images as silhouettes and this was something I wanted to do as soon as I saw the new Rock It Out image.

I created some paper for the background using the Disco Daze image from squigglefly.

I opened the Disco Daze girl up in my photo program and used the paint bucket to fill her in solid black. Then I shrunk her WAY down and used that to fill up a whole piece of paper. I think it looks really cool and is the perfect backdrop fo this dude! What do you think?



(click to enlarge)

I did the background with chalk and wanted it to look like a spot light was shining down on him.
The words were computer generated with the Rockit font.

Here are the copic colors I used for this image



I hope this inspires you to look at your images a little closer and imagine how you could use them if they were silhouettes! It sure expands your image library at no cost! By the way, does anyone know what it means when they make this hand signal at rock concerts? I know it's the longhorns sign, but what do longhorns have to do with rock n roll?

I want to remind you all about the new rewards program that Squigglefly has now. For every $15.00 you spend you get to pick a free image and your freebie can be ANY image; even sets! Also, if you've already purchased something in July, when you sign up for the reward program you will have those purchases credited toward your $15.00! How great is that? It doesn't cost you anything to sign up, so what's stopping you? Head over to squigglefly and sign up to start saving.
Also, remember that they are donating 50% of all sales of any image in their "animals" category to the ASPCA, so check them out while you're there. I saw that even more new images have been added too! The Squigglefly artists are rocking!
I hope you have a great day, and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Holly, you did it again! this is fabulous! I love the silhouetted background you made! Fun image too and of course your coloring is great and deserved to be in the 'spotlight'! :)
Have a super day!
blessings, Maria

MANDEE said...

LOVE IT! What a great idea!

I'm Crystal said...

Fun fun fun background paper..... You Rock GF!!!!!!!!

Pam in Ar. said...

Holly Girl! You are amazing...the key word today is "imagine"..."I want you to "IMAGINE" what you can do with your images....what happens when you don't have any "imagine" in you?!? LOL

I love what you did with the back ground...now if only you lived closer so you could give me private lessons :~)

One day, I'm going to learn and when I grow up, I wanna be just like you :~) Aren't you having a B-Day soon???? Please refresh my memory.....

msfreida said...

Oh Honey...you brought the house down with this one! LOL! The background paper is sooo creative, and this image is the coolest dude I've ever seen! I had hoped Squigglefly would add a guy playing his guitar b/c Carson is a master at them! In fact he was selected to play in his HS Structure Band (kinda like a jazz band).

I LOVE all the papers you used, especially the black...really makes it pop! As far as what that sign means...I always thought it was a gang sign...HEL-LO..that shows how far behind the times I am!!! But I even asked my kids and they didn't know either even though they said they have been known to make the jester themselves! Can you believe it...without even knowing what it means...KIDS! OH MY! ROLLING EYES HERE!

Off to get a haircut and hopefully to find some SPANKX! YEAH, Baby! :)

Hugs~

msfreida said...

HEY PAM....You are soooo right!
JULY 22:)
Let's throw her a surprise party!

SHHH don't tell...

Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i love it! love it, love it.

i soooo wish i knew how to use my paint program or any photo program for that matter! i need to go to school for computing!

fabulous dahling! just fabulous!

hugs,

watchlady said...

Holly-- I love today's card! I still think you must lie awake at nite dreaming up these ideas! :)
Mary

Becky said...

Wow Holly, you come up with some great ideas, love that background paper, goes so well with this rocker image.

Anita said...

Wow! What a cool idea!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

TEE!! How fun is this!! I love the fact that you made the background!! You are too clever girl!! I could learn so much from you!! :)

My boys would think this card is sweet!! TEE!! Teenagers!!