Monday, July 20, 2009

Christmas Card Monday

Good morning everyone! Did you enjoy your weekend? Mine was pretty great. The weather was absolutely gorgeous here. We don't get weather like this in July very often, and I have loved every single minute of it!
Breakfast yesterday was fun and delicious! When we got to the bowling alley though, it was closed and we had two hours before it opened! We opted to do that another day and instead came back to my house to sit in the lovely cool air and visit. Turned out to be more relaxing than bowling would have been!

The Squigglefly Digi Day event was fun on Saturday night. I'm going to be making the rounds today to see who completed the color and sketch challenges and then I'll have someone at work pull a name out of the hat (or box or whatever I find to put the paper in!) to pick a winner for the prize I'm giving.

Yesterday was the featured stamper challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. As you know, I love to do those, and I had a little time yesterday to make this one


(click to enlarge)

You can see the card I CASED here. I used one of the newest images at Squigglefly called Button Flowers. There are four different flowers in the set.

I colored it with copic markers and sewed a button to the center. The words are computer generated in a font called Scriptina. This was a really fast card to make even with the sewing. I can see making these if you had a lot you were needing to make.

Now, here's this week's Christmas Card


(click to enlarge)

For this one I used the winter tree from Squigglefly's Seasonal Trees set. I just love this set of trees! There are four of them, and each one is so cute.
I colored with copic markers and then chalked around each light bulb for a colored glow effect. I added some white puffy paint and then heated it up to puff it up for snow.
I cut the image out with a nestabilities die and then punched slots for my ribbon to go through. The card is embossed on the bottom with the Provo Craft snowflakes embossing folder and my sentiment is from a clear Print Works set. There is a little bit of sparkle in the star on top!

Don't forget to go check out what kind of challenge Kim has in store for us at the Squigglefly Blog! That's what I'm fixin' to go do.

I'll be back in a bit to announce the winner of the digi day prize. Thanks for looking!

20 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Oh I so agree...the weather here was beautiful this past weekend!! Glad you got to enjoy it =)

I really like the cut out stamping you did on the side of the first card, it really dresses it up.

I've always had a spot in my heart for Christmas lights, and the ones on the cactus really put me in the mood for cooler weather..reminds me that I need to get busy with my shopping because Christmas will be here before we know it...YIKES!!!!

Two great cards to go with a great weekend...who could ask for more??

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

yeah, i'm lovin' this weather too. i keep telling DH - why do you want to move to FL, the weather here is perfect!!!!

that flower is stunning and the card is gorgeous. love the xmas card too. great shape & the ribbon is super.

hugs,

Norine said...

love them both really like the yellow in the first one
and the xmas cactus is too cute
Hugs
Norine

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Holly, that flower is gorgeous!! Love the soft colors!! The Christmas card is so dang cute!! Love that image and I have really loved seeing the fun Christmas creations going up everywhere!! SO FUN!! ;) TFS!!

Becky said...

What beautiful cards, love the first one, love that flower..
Weather here was awesome this weekend 80 degrees, sunny with blue sky's :)

Maria Matter said...

Love these Holly!

These button flowers are awesome, the real button just adds such a nice touch...beautiful card!

And the Christmas is fabulous...the string of lights looks soooo dimensional, almost like it was an added embellishment! Coool! Oh and the puffy paint, that is just too fun!
Have a great day!
Blessings, Maria

bumblebee creations said...

Love both of your cards Holly!!!! I gotta get back to the couple christmas ones I was working on! I gotta get the challenge for SF done today first though!

Tracey said...

These are both fantastic cards Holly! Love them!

I'm Crystal said...

Great stuff...Holly!! Love the snowman and the lights look so real!!!

Sarah said...

Two great cards Holly! I love the yellow and black combo of the first and how you've added the button to the centre!
The second one is co cute, just love it!
xx :0)

Michelle Redman said...

What awesome cards Holly. Love the xmas one!!
Thanks for joing us at DTC!!
Have a great day!!
Michelle

Maria Matter said...

Hi Ho Holly, thanks for entering this wonderful Christmas card in the Digital Tuesday Challenge!

There's a free Christmas digi to grab on Digital Stamp Oasis owner, Ellie's blog....if ya want!
here's a copy & paste link...
http://livelaughstamp.blogspot.com/2009/07/friday-sketchers-with-limited-time.html
Blessings, Maria

Jenny said...

Both are great! Thanks for playing at DTC!

Lora said...

Beautiful cards Holly!
Wish I could say the same for the weather here, it's done nothing but rain this week!
Thanks for joining us at the DTC
Lora x

Martha said...

what a beautiful card, thanks for playing with over at Digital Tuesday Challenge.

Jaspere said...

Holly you always make the greatest stuff. I really need to visit your blog more often. Thanks for the inspiration.

Emma said...

Hi Holly
Gorgeous cards, love them both. I must pop over to Squigglefly and check out all these new images.
Thanks for joining us at DTC and good luck.
Emma x

Anjou Krelovich said...

Great cards! TFS!

Elena said...

Wow! The Christmas card is adorable! I love how you did the lights, looks like they are real!
Your flower card is so beautiful!
Thank you for joining us at 3CTC!

msfreida said...

Both of these are sooo AWESOME! Love the button flower...have to have these! And the way you did the lights on the other one...TOO COOL! Love them both!

Hugs~