Thursday, July 2, 2009

Do The Squiggle Hop!

note : if you haven't commented on yesterday's card and you'd like to have a chance to win it, you still have until noon today to leave a comment here.




Remember that song Bunny Hop? Well I changed some of the words to make it suitable for today. It's called Squiggle Hop! All together now

Let's go to the first blog
and then on to the next
Do the Squiggle Hop
Hop, hop, hop!

See every new creation
get lots of inspiration
Do the Squiggle Hop
Hop, hop, hop!

Let's all join in the fun
Father, mother, son
Do the Squiggle Hop
Hop, hop, hop!

LOL! Okay, I know that was silly but it's got you wide awake and humming that tune doesn't it?
Welcome to day two of the Squigglefly Blog Hop! I hope you've enjoyed all the cards you've seen using squigglefly images and that you've gotten a lot of inspiration from their incredible design team. I know I have!

If you've come to me from Rhonda's blog then you are in the right place. If not, you may want to start at the beginning at Amanda's blog

The card I have to show you uses one of Squigglefly's new images Potter's Shed. I had such fun coloring this and was rather pleased with the way it turned out!



(click to enlarge)

I colored the whole thing with copic markers and chalked the sky. After coloring the grass I over stamped it with my grass sprigs stamp from Art Impressions. That little bitty stamp gets a lot of use!
Here are the copic colors I used



I printed the words with my computer using a new font I found called Cricket. If you like it too you can get it free here.
I made this card for some friends of mine who have been traveling around the countryside in an RV for several years. They just recently hung up their RV keys and bought a house so I thought this greeting was appropriate! The greeting was cut with a nestabilities die and then I placed the smaller size die on top of it and chalked around the outer edge so it would look like it was matted. I also chalked a couple of the words for emphasis.

I added a rub on in the top right corner, clipped the corners of the image panel and then matted it with black. I see now that the top right part of my black mat got cut too close! I didn't notice that before I mailed it! Oops!

Be sure to leave comments on the blogs in the hop because there are prizes at some of them and Squigglefly is giving away three images to a hopper who comments on all the blogs! I couldn't let a blog hop come my way without offering some kind of blog candy so here's what's up for grabs from me



Okay, next stop on the hop is Sara! I'll be back a little later today to announce the winner of yesterday's card give away. Have fun on the rest of the hop, and thanks for looking!

42 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

Holly this image is just gorgeous!!! You are so good at picking out colors when you color your images!!! I love this card!!

Pam in Ar. said...

LOL "Glad to see you've put down roots" that is funny :~) You are such a thoughtful person Holly! Your friends are going to love the card.
I agree...you are great at picking out colors :~)

Craftyanny said...

Gorgeous card Holly, I'm loving these new images.
Anne x

Jenny said...

I love how you colored this! Very pretty and I'm sure your friends will love it. The sentiment is very cute! :)
Jenny

I'm Crystal said...

Lovely card!!! Roots?...everyone has to have root somewhere. Glad your roots are here!!!!!

Lori said...

Wow. Very nice. I'm in awe of your coloring on the image. GREAT job!

Norine said...

all I can say is wow looks great love the image and the coloring
Hugs
Norine

Maria Matter said...

hop, hop , hop...this is so much fun!
Gorgeous card Holly! Wowza, with your coloring girl!
Brilliant sentiment too!
You Rock!

Have a super day!
Blessings, Maria

luverlie said...

Cute, but you don't want me singing and dancin. Love the shed and your coloring.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Girl, you and that coloring!! I was reading what you did to it and I thought you had drew in the grass blades!! Beautiful card Holly!!

And I love your sense of humor about the hop song!! TEE!! CUTE!! :)

Great post and card hun!! TFS!!

Auntie Em said...

Awesome card, and thanks for the font addy, I down loaded a few..got a bit side tracked...lol Have a Scrapy Day

Pinkllilac said...

Hi Holly, Beautiful card and I love the colours, image and the layout you have done.

Great blog hop and so much insperation from you ladies.

Thanks for this chance to enter your candy.
Hugs Linda

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

thanks. now that song is in my head and my feet wanna hop. way to go! bwwwahhhaaaa.

gorgeous card and i love that sentiment. your prizes look good too.

hugs,

Kim said...

Love this!!!! Your coloring is amazing!!!! Really like how you did your grass....I will be borrowing this!!!!

Lisa said...

You did a great job! I love that card. Your grass technique is great! Thanks

Christina said...

love the color of the shed's roof!

lindal said...

I love the shed Holly. You color so well. This is the first time I am making it through a hop. This was easy to follow and the cards have been great.

Jaspere said...

Wow Holly your coloring is perfect. Love this image. I see I'm going to have to purchase a few more images soon.

msfreida said...

Only you would come up with the official Squigglefly Blog Hop theme song...never a dull moment around you!

I'm partial to scene images and you ROCKED this one GF! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL JOB! Your friends will treasure it!

This has been THE BEST blog hop EVER!!! Everyone has worked SOOO hard and it shows! WHAT TALENT! :)

Becky said...

I love country images, and this is a great one. Your coloring is fabulous as always.

cheryl (clee) said...

Lovely coloring on the little houses - I really like the style of not coloring everything in sight - very fresh.

Sara said...

OMG!! This is amazing! Your coloring is gorgeous!!

Sherri Piechnik said...

Love the image and your Copic Colouring!

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Holly this image is fantastic. lovely colouring, this hop has given me so much inspiration, you've all done Squigglefly proud. Hugs Julie x

Drea S. said...

OMG! What a fabby card! I just love the colors.

Hugs
Drea S.

IRIT SHALOM said...

wow card!! no more to say!!

Jodi said...

Holly this card is gorgeous ~ love your coloring and the rub on in the corner is a great addition!

laos348 said...

Such a pretty card - you did a great job coloring the image - came out great.

MANDEE said...

Ths is awesome!

mitch1066 said...

all the images are so lovely!

Jeri said...

What a beautiful job you did coloring that stamp. I looked at that stamp on Squigglefly yesterday and thought it was gorgeous. Looks even better with the colors.

Lynn said...

Love this perfectly colored little green house!! So adorable!!

Christy Dillman said...

Fabulous card Holly, I just love coming to your blog for inspiration!

Jeanette said...

I love it. Beautiful card. I really clever how you hit the sentiment with a bit of color.

Jeanette

Linda said...

You have done such beautiful coloring on this cute image....very cute card!!
Thank you for the chance to win your blog candy.

Margie said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card!

Heather said...

This is so pretty. You did an awesome job coloring it!

Ginny said...

Hi Holly! Amazing detail on the card. Keep up the great work =)

cathi said...

love the new image and of course your coloring technique is great. CAThi

Gina said...

You did a fantastic job coloring your card.

Cheri Howard said...

Gorgeous card, Holly! Love your coloring!

Tina said...

Love the card and image is wonderful!