Friday, July 24, 2009

DTGD09 Challenge Overload

Happy Friday everyone! I have a card to show you today that would make Maria proud (I think!) The Dirty Girls at Splitcoast stampers have issued challenges to the fan club members beginning yesterday. I sat down with a list of ideas for cards for the challenges and ended up with one card that fits FOUR challenges! I think that's a record for me.

Here is my card (sorry it's crooked)


(click to enlarge)

I used the Hooty-Who image from Squigglefly and printed it out on three different digital papers and one white cardstock piece. I cut the owl out of the white cardstock piece and then paper pieced the tree with the digital papers. Here's what the inside looks like



Now here are the challenges I met.
TAG ART - use some kind of tag in your creation. I printed the Yoo Hoo! onto cardstock and then punched the tags out with a punch. That also qualifies it for the CUT IT OUT challenge which is to use some kind of punch of die cut on your creation. Then I used the dew drops on the corners and googly eyes on the owl which qualifies it for the CLEARLY CREATIVE challenge to use something clear or translucent on your card. The owl qualifies it for the FLAP YOUR WINGS challenge to use something with wings on your creation. Whew!
If I had used one less designer paper on my card it would have qualified for the MASCULINE CARD challenge, but I already had my tree paper pieced before I noticed the stipulations. Oh well, it was sure fun making it and seeing how many challenges I could fit in!
You can play along too if you want! Just go here and check it out!

I thought I'd give you a heads up and let you know that Squigglefly has just marked prices down on tons of items in the store. Check out the "On Sale" category and the "99 cent Bargain Bin". There is also a "Last Chance Bin" for all images that will be discontinued in August. If there's an image you've put off getting, you might want to see if it's still going to be there after July!

Hope your day is a great one, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Very creative card Holly.....Hope your Friday is a "HOOT"! LOL

I'm Crystal said...

Love the paper piecing.... great card and a lot of challenges!!!

What a HOOT you are!!!

lindal said...

Great card. I love the owl. You really piled it on without making it look piled on. If it was orange you could have put it in the Pile it on challenge too. I love to see how many a card will work for. I love the way you used the digi paper to make the tree It looks Hooting good.

Norine said...

how cute is that little owl love it
Hugs
Norine

Debby said...

Cool idea with the tree! Great card.

Becky said...

This is a hoot!! you are always so creative. Have a great weekend.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

yep. you aced it this time! what a hoot!

hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh how awesome you are girl!! Look at you go on the challenges!! :) I haven't played with those yet and I really should since I know both of the new girls on the DD team!!

That owl is fabulous and so are your papers!! Beautiful work again hun!! Have a lovely weekend!! HUGS

Maria Matter said...

Woot, woot, I'm sooooo proud Holly!
And this is a fabulous card!!!
I love this owl and tree, looks great paper pieced too! The little tag is so suited to this card! Just fabulous!
I'm glad you had a fun time with it!

oh, and my photos are always crooked...must have something to do with being challenge heavy! hehe

Enjoy your weekend!
Blessings, Maria

bumblebee creations said...

Oh Holly-I love this card-love the image, and the papers you used are perfect!! Love how you have shown the first paper through the and put the owl on the top! Gorgeous!!! Have a great weekend!

Anita said...

Beautiful card! Great idea to print on DP.

Jennifer Talley said...

That owl is too cute! TFS!

msfreida said...

How creative! Your paper piecing is FANTASTIC! Now can you teach me how to cut out too???

Hugs~