Thursday, July 30, 2009

A gift from Carole and exciting news!

If you haven't yet posted a comment on yesterday's card and you'd like to have a chance to win it, you still have time! Just go leave a comment here by noon today!

Back in March I had some blog candy up for grabs and the winner of the candy was Carole. Last week I received this gorgeous card from Carole


(click to enlarge)

Isn't this just amazing? The coloring is awesome and the flower soft just exquisite! Carole also sent me some images to color and today I have two cards I made using a couple of them. I think these images are from Magenta.


(click to enlarge)



(click to enlarge)

I colored these both with these markers



The designer paper is more from that My Mind's Eye pack I bought the other day. I love the papers in there! The colors are just delightful and I like the glitter. It's not overpowering like some papers I've seen. The cardstock that is half a scalloped circle on the top card looks more red/orange than it is in real life. It's really more of an apricot color that goes with the designer paper better.

Some exciting news to share with you! Mark your calenders for August 14th. That night from 7 to 9 pm (central time) Rhonda and I will be co-hosting a fun digi day event on the Yahoo Squigglefly Group! We both enjoyed the one on the Card Universe group so much that we want to do something like that on yahoo too. We have some fun things planned and I know that some new images will be making their debut as prizes!

Okay, I'll be back in a bit to announce who random.org has chosen as the winner of yesterday's card! Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

MANDEE said...

So excited about August 14TH!!!!

Becky said...

What a lovely thought, love this wishing well. And your cards are lovely this morning, cant wait for the 14th to see what you come up with.

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

oooh flower soft pretty!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

these are fabulous. and carole's card is stunning too.

hugs,

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly

I love what you've done with these images. Your cards are fabulous.

Thanks girls!

Maria Matter said...

Very pretty cards Holly! I really like that DP with glitter! great designs too!
Carole's card is lovely too!

Another digi day sounds fun...I'll have to snoop around the yahoo site, not familiar with the workings of that one!
Blessings, Maria

msfreida said...

GOOD MORNIN' SISTAS~ I can't tell you how much I have missed my daily dose of inspiration, fun, and laughs! :) Vacations are wonderful, but I'm a creature of habit and the older I get, the worse I get! Coming here every morning just starts my day off on the right foot!

Holly these cards are beautiful! Carole did such a fantastic job and what a thoughtful gesture! I love how you colored her images and the papers you used are perfect!

I'm so excited about the 14th! School starts that day so I know Carson will be out for the evening for his last who-rah! LOL So at least I will have the PC all to myself! YEAAA! Can't wait!:)

Hugs~

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZA!! That top card with the flower soft is just amazing!! Love the sparkle and fun colors in the other two creations!! How fun!! And speaking of fun...looking forward to August 14th...marked it down!! :)

Gabby319 said...

Those cards are so cool. Also, I am close to getting my first small batch of copics my self. I can't wait.

Pam in Ar. said...

Two great cards...well three, but I'm speaking of the ones you made...I love it when people share images =)

The Thank You crad from Carole was beautiful! I've never tried Flower Soft before....

bumblebee creations said...

I can't wait for August 14th!!! It is going to be SO much FUN!!! Love your cards Holly! Yummy papers! That flower soft is gorgeous!

Heather the Mooselover said...

Carole's card is gorgeous.

I can't wait for the 14th! It will be great!

Tracey said...

These are gorgeous cards Holly! Love them!

Michelle said...

wow...these are wonderful..and the wishing well card is gorgeous!

TFS!
michelle.