Thursday, July 16, 2009

There's A Bright Side

Good morning everyone! If you haven't yet commented on yesterday's card and would like to have a chance to win it, you have until noon today to leave a comment here. I'll be back a little after noon to tell you all who random.org picks!

In the meantime, how about I show you a card I finally finished? I've been wanting to make a card using the Demure Denise and the Dancing Denise from Squigglefly for the longest time and just haven't had the time to do it. Well, yesterday I finally got 'er done!


(click to enlarge)

and here's the inside


(click to enlarge)

I am really happy with how it turned out. I used one of the little embossing borders from Provocraft to make the squiggly lines. The words are computer generated in Boopee font. I colored her with copics, but I did some of the coloring at work and some at home so I don't have a picture of the ones I used.

I hope she brought a smile to your face! Okay, I gotta go but I'll be back in a bit to announce a winner of yesterday's card! Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...THAT'S a good one! The saggy skin part brought a tear to my eye (oh so true sniff, sniff) But THE CAKE!!! Oh so good :) Loved the card WHOPEEEEEEEEE....

Have a fun day, I think cooler air is on the way (at least for a few days LOL)

MANDEE said...

I LOVE THIS!!! What a great card!

Maria Matter said...

LOL, this is great Holly! Too funny...my MIL would crack up over this one!
I'll put these stamps on my wish list too. I think I have almost all the Squigglefly images on my list...so many great ones!
Your coloring is awesome...wonderful job pairing these images for a card!
Always enjoy my visits...have a fabbo day!
Blessings, Maria

bumblebee creations said...

that is so true! what a super card! LOVE IT! What a great idea to use the two together for the same card!

Norine said...

now this is funny and oh how true LOL
Hugs
Norine

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

omgoodness! i love, love, love it! this is definitely my all time holly favorite! i am still oooooohing and aaaahhhhing. i absolutely love it!

wow!

hugs,

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly

You are very funny. I love your card!

lindal said...

GREAT CARD! You made me lol! And cake will fix it all, or at least you wont be thinking about it for the two minutes you are eating cake.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

BWAHAAA!!! HAAA!!! SOOOO adorable Holly!! I love these images on your card and your take of putting them together!! Very cleverly done!! You coloring is gorgeous too!!! :) TFS!!

Becky said...

hahahah!!I love this, I love the inside image, this is so wild. And your coloring is fabulous as always.

lorene said...

Holly, I had to go to Squigglefly and purchase these two digitals! plus a few others that were on sale! Now, If I could only win your card, that would help me to scrap lift so much easier!!! I LOVE this card! thanks for putting my name in the hat!!!

Lorene

Sue said...

hahahahahahaha absolutley bloody brill, luv it, sue,x

msfreida said...

This tops them all Holly!!! Fabulous GF!!! Hey... what do you know about being old??? Heehee!!! I love it! :)

hugs

Kat said...

H I L A R I O U S ! ! !

Debby said...

LOLOLOLOL - Too dang cute!