Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Halloween will be here before you know it

Hi everyone! Oh I had so much fun making the card I'm going to show you today!


(click to enlarge)

I printed the image out twice so that I could cut the cat and the leaf out and pop them up for dimension. I colored everything with these copic markers





The ground the the sky are chalked. I used some yellow cat eye stickers for the eyes. I love these eyes! They come in different colors and sizes. You can find them here. They are great for snake eyes too.
The ribbon on my card is some I got at Michael's dollar spot last year. I made a faux bow at the top. I really like making Halloween cards, but I don't ever make a lot of them each year. Usually because I'm busy making Christmas cards!

Well, that's it from me today. I hope you enjoy your day and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

I'm Crystal said...

The dimension on this card is fab. The cat eyes are hilarious.

Halloween is one of my fav holidays, it just seems to get better and better every year!!!!

Norine said...

I dont ususally do halloween but this is the cutest card love it
Hugs
Norine

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i love that image myself and you did it beautifully. love the eyes on the cat but snake eyes?????

anyway, this is beautiful.

hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZA!! Holly, the coloring on that pumpkin is amazing!! I love that!! The added dimension is just awesome!! Those cat's eyes are too cool for words!! I love Halloween and this image is sweet!! TFS!! :) HUGS

chesney said...

The eyes are even funnier in the photo because they look so wide. He looks just like a black Juni.

Pam in Ar. said...

I love the colors that you chose...of course, you can't go wrong when you have a cat on the card either!!

Kat said...

Oh, I love this card. I don't "do" Halloween, but this is a purrfect Autumn card. ;-) You sure are a card-making whiz, Holly!

Becky said...

I love this card!! your coloring is amazing, And I love those cats eyes, thanks for the info where to get these.

bumblebee creations said...

Love your card Holly! Those eyes are awesome, and how fun to make some halloween cards!

Vicki said...

Great card! Love the kitty! Beautiful color! Blessings to you!

Heather said...

Great card!! I LOVE Halloween.. It's my birthday..:)

Debby said...

Reminds me of the victorian halloween postcards. Incredibly cool. Love the way you layered for dimension. I always forget to do stuff like that .

msfreida said...

WOW...what a great job on that pumpkin! Love what you did with the cat and his eyes! TOO COOL!

Hugs~