Friday, July 3, 2009

Kiss Another One Goodbye

Hi everyone! Wasn't the blog hop yesterday fun? I think everyone did such wonderful works of art! I'll be drawing for my blog candy later on this afternoon and will post the winner then.

Before my sister went in the hospital for her hip surgery she asked me to make a birthday card for someone. I wanted to use one of the images she has drawn for squigglefly so I picked Blown Kisses


(click to enlarge)

I think this is just a great image to use for women who are approaching a mile stone birthday! I colored her with copic markers and chalked the background. I used a silver pen on her necklace. The words are computer generated and the font is Monotype Corsiva (get it free here)
Here are the copic colors I used



I found out yesterday afternoon I didn't have to come in to work today, so I have the whole day to play! Well, I'll probably clean house a little since we're having people over tomorrow for the 4th!
Don't forget that tomorrow is the big SNR Card Universe Oh Say Can You See blog hop! It's going to be awesome seeing that many blogs paying tribute to our country.
I'll be back soon with the blog candy winner. Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Norine said...

love this card so fun
Hugs
Norine

I'm Crystal said...

You know I love that sentiment.... So glad you get to play today....I just know we are gonna see some great and funny stuff later!!! Happy 4th

msfreida said...

Oh that blog hop was THE BEST! :) I loved seeing everyone's own interpretation of the images...sooo much talent here!

I LOVE your card...I wish my mind worked like yours when it came to putting just the right sentiment with the image. Your coloring on it is FABULOUS as always! AWESOME JOB!

Enjoy your day off! :) I hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th.

Hugs~

Becky said...

Love this image and love this card, this is a great sentiment, it all ties in so well.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

What a very lovely image indeed!! And I love your chalking work!! Beautiful job Holly!! :) Hope you enjoy the 4th of July weekend!! HUGS

Michelle Forrest said...

I love this card and the sentiment is priceless!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

fabulous dahling! just fabulous!

do you have a special book of sayings or do you just come up with these?

hugs,

watchlady said...

I love this card Holly! Have a great 4th. I'm still "under the weather" so I'm staying home :(

Cheryl Walker said...

I love this!! I love that sentiment , tooo cute!!!

Have a wonderful 4th!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Kat said...

Such a purrfect sentiment, Holly!

Michelle said...

great card and wonderful coloring.. TFS!

Pam in Ar. said...

Hope you enjoyed your day off :~) Loved the card!

Maria Matter said...

Do you get tired of hearing how fabulous your coloring skills are?

This is just magnificent Holly!
Have a fun 4th!
Blessings, Maria

lindal said...

Holly this is great. I love the sentiment. Some years are good to kiss goodbye. I sure had fun at the blog hop. I have to go see who won.

Scrubbysue said...

What a cute card holly. Hope your having a pleasant 4th. :)

Paper Patti said...

Cute cards. Thanks for sharing!