Sunday, July 26, 2009

Loves Me, Loves Me Not

Good morning everyone! Boy yesterday was a really quiet day in blog land! Every place I went barely had visitors. My e mail was super slim too. What's going on? Is everyone doing the Splitcoast challenges or just out enjoying the weather?

I have a card today that I did for another of the dirty girl challenges. Only one challenge this time around, but I love how the card turned out! I used the Loves Me, Loves Me Not image and colored it with copic markers.


(click to enlarge)

The grass and sky are chalked. The challenge was to Tie One On and use ribbon. I have the double ribbon going across the card, but the flowers that are in the corner are also from ribbon and I just cut them out.
I used a coluzzle to cut the oval, (oh, I guess that officially qualifies this card for the Cut It Out challenge as well!) and when I snipped the oval out it got a little crooked and bugged me so I distressed all around the edge to conceal the crookedness. I tied a little flower charm to the ribbon and I really like what that little charm adds to the card.
Here are the copic colors I used to color this.



I have to get my menu for the week planned out and then make a grocery list. I also need to work on a Christmas card because tomorrow is Christmas card Monday! I hope whatever your plans are that you enjoy your day! Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow holly! this is stunning! boy, i haven't done a SCS challenge in ages. and to think i used to hang out there everyday - until i got a blog - which i learned about from scs anyway!

have a super weekend.

hugs,

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly
Your card is fantastic. Colors are beautiful.

Pam in Ar. said...

LOL..the petals look like they're flying, and with her mouth open, (at least it looks that way to me), she looks like she's going very,very fast =) LovesMe,LovesMeNot,LovesMe,LovesMeNot....LOL

I love the little flower charm, and as usual..you did an excellent job with the coloring...

menu planning huh...I just fly by the seat of my pants LOL You are so organized..I'm jealous!

Have a great Sunday. Did you ever get your new carpet???

lindal said...

Beautiful card! I love you coloring.

Kat said...

This is one of your loveliest cards, IMO, Holly. :-) And I like the flower charm hanging from the ribbon!

Becky said...

I love this image, she is so cute, and love the coloring.

I know I was out all day yesterday enjoying the sunshine :)

Heather said...

Totally adorable!! adding that image to my wish list!!

Sue said...

Hi Holly
gorgeous card coloured perfect, luv it, sue,x

Sue said...

Hi Holly
gorgeous card coloured perfect, luv it, sue,x

Scrubbysue said...

Awwww......what a pretty card. It's so fun to work with little girlie images isn't it?! Hope your having a great sunday holly. :)

Kristie said...

This is gorgeous Holly! I love the little flower charm on the ribbon...it really makes the card a bit more special :)
Sorry I've been a bit hit and miss with the comment love lately...though I have been keeping up with your fab creations in google reader...just not enough on-line time to comment :( Love them all though ♥

Maria Matter said...

Holly, this is a lovely card! Beautiful coloring! Your snipped ribbon flowers are a great idea and the double ribbon too!

It seems slow around blogland on the weekends...I for one decided to lay low from my computer on the weekends, the sunshine calls to me! lol
take care
Blessings, Maria

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! Now she's VERY stunning indeed!! I love the coloring and the gingham blue print behind her is even more special!! ;) HUGS

Hope you don't mind me catching up with you...been sick!!

msfreida said...

OHHHH HOW GORGEOUS! I have so many new favorites! LOL! Love the coloring and only you would think to cut flowers from the ribbon! LOL This is AWESOME!

Hugs~