Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Morning Bird & Stamp Care Share

Hi everyone! I finally got a card made for the 9th Squigglefly challenge which is to make a one layer card with one embellishment. One layer cards are tough for me. It's funny too because one layer cards is all I used to make! Designer paper was something that intimidated me. Now almost every card I make has it on there! Isn't it funny how our art changes?

Here's my card


(click to enlarge)

I used the Feathered Friend image from squgglefly and colored it with copic markers and then chalked the background. I wanted it to look like the morning sun was rising and the bird is there to greet the day. I looked around for quotations I could use thinking something along the lines of "the promise of a new day" type of thing, but in the end I chose this one by Donna Roberts.

Last month I went to a stamp camp and I still haven't shared the photos of the cards we made there, so today I'm showing you three of them.








I've had a lot of people ask me about the wedding photos. No, I'm not keeping them from you! I told you I'd share and I will when I get them. Can you believe my daughter still hasn't gotten them from the photographer yet? I'm wishing now I had brought my camera and taken some myself.

Well, enjoy your day and I'll see you tomorrow which is FRIDAY - Yay!

15 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Perfect sentiment for your card...you always do such a great job Holly.

I think I liked the second card from your stamp camp the best...the colors are bolder, I think that's what attracts me to it. They're all good though.

Have a great day today :)

I'm Crystal said...

Great scene..... You're the chief of chalk, the princess of powder....LOL

Great camp cards!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

what a beautiful bird. i wish you could hop on its wings and fly over here. would love to visit. stunning card.

hugs,

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge with this beautiful card!!!! Lovely bird!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

msfreida said...

GORGEOUS card! It amazes me that you are just as good with your chalks as you are with your copics! NOT FAIR!

Oh I LOVE ALL the cards from camp! The color combos are FABULOUS...and ohhh that stamping! AWESOME!

Hugs~

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! I just love your sweet birdie card!! Beautiful done with the one layer!!

I just LOVE those stamp til you cramp thingys!! So fun!! I bet you had fun too!! Those cards are all beautiful!! TFS! :)

Becky said...

I love this card, I think I am in love with this bird :), and he is colored so pretty, you noticed I said (him). The other cards are lovely, I agree with Pam that the second one is my favorite, the colors are bright and beautiful.

Emma said...

Hi Holly
All gorgeous card, love the sentiment on the first one.
Emma x

acreativeneed said...

This is so pretty, and I just love this sentiment!! So glad you joined us at Crafty Creations Challenges!
smiles,Deena

Debby said...

How's Holly! Love your one layer card. Very pretty. And your stamp camp cards are cool. My fave is the vase of flowers. I need to pull my chalks out. Now only if I can find them.

fabricbutterfly said...

wow, beautiful cards, it is so fun to see so many at once, great job!!!

Maria Matter said...

This is lovely...that chalked background is awesome!

Your stamp camp cards are beautiful too!
Such lovely papers!

Blessings, Maria

Kim said...

Love your challenge card Holly! Love how you colored the bird!
Your cards are beautiful!!!

Lora said...

Love your birdie Holly. It is true about how our styles change. I look back at cards I made a year ago when I first started card making and cringe at what I must of thought looked ok at the time lol.
I think this challenge was one of the hardest I have ever done as I always use dp, but you did a great job with yours :)
Hugs Lora xx

Jaime said...

Lovely Bird card. Such lovely colors and vibraint. Well they are all lovely. Thanks for joining us on CCC this week.