Sunday, July 19, 2009

my Digi Day cards

Good morning everyone! Last night's Digi Day event at Card Universe was so fun! We had a scavenger hunt where we had to guess which image we were being a clue to. Such fun, and I'm still not sure of all the answers! There was a sketch challenge and a color challenge as well. I'm going to be putting all the names of people who complete the sketch and color challenges in a drawing and the winner will get two free images of the winner's choice. You will have until midnight tonight to complete the challenges. You can check the challenges out on the Squigglefly group page

The color challenge was to use any shade of the colors yellow, orange, and pink. This is the card I made



(click to enlarge)

I used the How Does Your Garden Grow image and colored it with copic markers. The words were computer generated.

The sketch was created by Jana's daughter, Carlie. I used one of the brand new images Squigglefly just released yesterday , Hooty Who for my card


(click to enlarge)

I colored with copic markers and used rain dots on the side which is really where my sentiment should have gone, but I didn't stick to the sketch exactly. It was a fun event, but my craft room is a wreck right now! I wish more of you could have attended, you would have enjoyed it too! Hopefully there will be more of them.

This morning my friend is taking me out to eat breakfast as an early birthday celebration, and then we are going to go bowling. Bowling is something we seldom do, and we're not that good, but we have fun cutting up. I hope you all have a great day, and remember to try to complete the challenges to be in my prize drawing! Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

pinky said...

Two excellent cards, love the crisp lines of these images.
Pinky

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

super terrific cards - as always. have fun bowling. i love bowling and funny, we never go.

hugs,

Becky said...

Great cards, lovely images.
You are right, it doesnt matter if bowl well or not, it is just plan fun especially with friends. Have fun. I havent bowled in years.

Pam in Ar. said...

Looks like you all had a blast last night....the color combinations on the cards were very pretty and I love those googly eyes!!

Have a great time today...breakfast should stsrt at IHOP and bowling?? Use the bumper pads on the gutters :) works every time!

I'm Crystal said...

Great cards....

Have a great day, breakfast and bowling....cant get much better.

Hugs!!!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Holly, both of your cards turned out fantastic!! I love your take on the challenges and it was so much fun!! ;) HUGS

Scrubbysue said...

How FUN!! and I just love the googly eyes on the owl!!

Wendy said...

I love the owl! So cute!!! Great job. :)

msfreida said...

Love 'em both! Squigglefly must be bursting at the seams with all these new images! :)

Hugs~