Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Squigglefly Challenge 11 card

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for all the wonderful birthday wishes everyone sent me yesterday! I swear everyone wanted to feed me for my birthday this year! You know my friend took me to out for breakfast on Sunday for my birthday, then on Tuesday my former boss brought me lunch at work. Last night my husband fixed my favorite meal, my best friend (the same one who bought me breakfast) shows up with a box of baklava that she bought at a Greek bakery, and my sister sent over TWO cakes! One of them was a chocolate cake with white icing and one was a decadent ice cream cake! I know I don't look like I'm starving, so I must just look like I like food! LOL!

When my husband got the salad finished he carried it in to show me and I said "Let me get a picture to show my blog buddies" He posed for it



Yummy! Oh, the salad's looking good too! LOL!


Well I did finish the card I was working on for Squigglefly's 11th Challenge. The challenge is to create a non gender baby card using purple. Well I love purple and never turn down a chance to use it! Here's my card



(click to enlarge)

I printed out the Rocking Horse image and colored it with these copics



I cut it out with a circle nestabilities die and then I punched circles out of some purple and white designer paper and stuck them on the back all around to make my scallops. The card was embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder from Provo Craft. Doesn't that particular folder just always work for baby cards? My words were computer generated with a font called Kayleigh and I popped it up.
At the last minute I added a little bow. I don't think that makes it too girly since it's white. What do you think?

Squigglefly would love you to play along! Go here and link your creation to Mr. Linky!

New sentiments are now available at a great price of only 99 cents! There is one set of circle words that are great, and I love that they can be sized to fit any circle punch or die you might have! Go check them out, and while you're shopping remember that any animal image purchased in July will have half the proceeds go to the ASPCA to help animals. Don't forget to sign up for the rewards program too! For every $15.00 you spend you can pick a free image - even sets! It's free to join and your points never expire!

I hope you have a great day today, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

I'm Crystal said...

Happy belated b'day...Holly!!!

You have a very handsome hubs to celebrate with and he can cook, well sorta!!!1 Bwahahahahahahahaha!!! Love your card, I'm still working on liking the purple....LOL

Norine said...

Hi Holly got the card I won omg how cute that card is thanks so much

You know my birthday was yesterday also how cool is that we share the same day cancers all the way LOL
Hugs to you and Happy belated B-day
Norine

Chesney said...

Yeah, and don't forget, until Lynne sent the cakes, I had plans to take you to Shakey's!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

TEE!! That picture is too funny!! He reminds me of my hubby...he would be doing that too!! ;) He's a very handsome fellow!! So glad you had fun dear!!

Now, for your card, it's so sweet dear!! I loved this challenge because of purple for one!! :) You did beautifully with it!!

I love the new sentiments too!! YEAH!! Have a lovely day!! HUGS

Becky said...

hahaha!! What a Kodak moment.. How blessed you are to have so many people love you.
Love the card this morning, great idea with the circles.

bumblebee creations said...

Glad you didn't starve on your birthday! Wow salad, two cakes-holly smokes-I better go eat breakfast!!!
Love your card-it is gorgeous I love the dots!!!

Maria Matter said...

Great pix Holly! I love salads, your hubby's a sweetheart to pose for your lady friends! lol
Glad you enjoyed your special day!

beautiful baby card....the rocking horse looks fabulous!

Blessings, maria

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

that salad looks yummy. i love a good salad! that bowl is about the size my hubby eats his cereal out of!

can you send some cake this way? bwwahhhaaaa!

glad you had a great birthday and the card is just fabulous!

hugs,

Pam in Ar. said...

Glad you had such a good birthday...food is ALWAYS good in my book. I don't think my hubby has ever cooked for me in the 33 years we've been married, you're a lucky woman =)

Great baby card, I agree...you can't go wrong with purple!

Kat said...

The card is so adorable, Holly. As far as I'm concerned, those Swiss dots are suitable for *any* card -- I love those polka dots!

Nice of hubby to pose for the camera. I hope "salad only" was not your favorite meal. LOL

Hey - if you have any leftover ice cream cake, pack it well and send it to me pleeease!

Debby said...

Dang I missed your birthday! :-( I keep wondering when I will ever catch up to keep up. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a yummy filled day! Great pic of the hubby :-) love your baby card too. Cute cute cute!

Kim said...

Belated Happy Birthday Holly!!!!! Hope you had a good one!!
Love your baby card!!!!!!

msfreida said...

HOW ADORABLE!...talking about your man! What a good sport he is and one that cooks....DANG! :)

This card is ADORABLE too! SOOO SWEET looking and I can't wait to play with this image! Love the idea of the dots!

Hugs~