Sunday, July 5, 2009

Scoop Of The Day

This is the last chance for Luverlie and Sonia Kertznus to get in touch with me regarding their prizes. Please e mail me at usyungs@gmail.com to claim your prize and give me your mailing address. I will re-draw for the blog hop candy tomorrow if I haven't heard from Luverlie and the prize I have for Sonia for becoming my 100th follower will stay with me until some other lucky person is randomly selected by me!

Yesterday was the featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers and the gallery of the featured stamper was really something! I loved all of her cards and had a hard time picking just one to CASE. In the end I chose this cute card.
About the only thing I kept the same was the sketch.


(click to enlarge)

I used the Shared Friendship image from squigglefly, but I cut out the owl, the words, and one of the ice cream cones. I then printed it and carefully drew in her arm where the cone had been.
The whole thing was colored with copic markers and here are the colors I used



I really liked the way she did the double border on her card, so I did that with mine. I used little clear crystals on the image panel, but colored them a bit with one of the copics. My words are computer generated in CK Becky font. Looking at it in the photo her cheeks look really pink and not blended in with her face that well, but in real life it's not that defined. Oh well...

I've decided I need to start on my Christmas cards, so every Monday I'll share one of my Christmas cards with you. This is my first one of the year


(click to enlarge)

All images are from Clearly Wordsworth. I stamped the three ornaments in a row and colored them with copic markers. I made highlights with a white gel pen and colored the tops of the ornaments with a silver gel pen. I covered the tops of the ornament hooks with ribbon. The scallop borders are made with an EK Sucess punch. I made about five of these, so it's a start!


There should be a new challenge up on the squigglefly blog today, so I'm off to check that out and then I guess I'll have to go to work. My long weekend wasn't long enough! LOL! Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

10 comments:

I'm Crystal said...

Great stuff as always.... love the ornament card!!!!!

I often forget to duplicate the stamp to add more uummph!!!!

Pam in Ar. said...

Gotta love it when there's "scoops" involved :~)

You're smart starting your Christmas cards already, then it won't be such a mad dash at the time of year when you're the busiest! Although it seems to me that every day is my busiest.....

Jaspere said...

Both of these are great. I've been getting into making Christmas cards too which is so unlike me.

Becky said...

She is just adorable, and love thoses scoops.
And as slow as I am I should start my Christmas Cards in July. This is a great card, and your coloring is gorgeous as ever.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

she is adorable and i love that double border. your xmas card is beautiful. i did one for a challenge and found it a little hard to think of xmas in july! must be old age - lol.

hugs,

msfreida said...

LOVE this image and the double borders really add sooo much! Your colors are so soft and sweet! AWESOME job!

Oh Holly! You're just TOO together! Christmas cards??? Oh I know I NEED to get started now...it's the only way they would get finished! Ok ...I will...but AFTER we get back from the beach! I PROMISE I will start then! :)This one is AWESOME! Love how you added the sparkle!

Have an AWESOME week everyone! I'm still trying to recover from all that hopping! ;)

Hugs~

Sharon said...

I loved your card "scoops". I loved the little girl and the colors your used for the card.
Starting Christmas cards is a very good idea but it is hard when our temps here in south Texas has been right at 100+ degrees for weeks. (and not much rain.) I always enjoy seeing your creations.

Nora said...

Those are wonderful, Holly! I like getting a jump on my Christmas making, too. If you can finish by the middle of November, then you can just sit back & enjoy the holidays.
~hugs~

Kristie said...

I was just saying to my Mum the other day that I should get started making Christmas cards now so that I don't end up swamped in November! I think you've inspired me to try and make at least one per week...fingers crossed...LOL.
As for YOUR cards...they are both gorgeous as ever :) I know what you mean about colours showing up as not properly blended in photos...I wonder what's up with that? Anyway, she still looks totally cute! ♥

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh Holly!! I love your pretty pink princess!! Too cute!! ;)

And I love your Christmas card! I'm going to start doing the same thing and get some Christmas cards done while I'm at it!! LOL!! Love the added string of ornaments!! YOU ROCK!!