Friday, July 17, 2009

Simple Birthday

Yay, it's Friday! I was asked at the last minute yesterday to make a birthday card for someone so I decided to make one that required little coloring. Whn I'm using smaller images I let the designer papers do all the work for me. Here's my very simple birthday card


(click to enlarge)


The papers are all Stampin Up, the flower image is in a Studio G dollar set from Michaels, and the words are from a print works set. I used a couple of square brads and a border punch to jazz it up a bit. Anyway, the person who got it was happy with it and that's all that matters!
Speaking of jazz, I'm jazzed up about the Squigglefly Digi Day that's going on at Card Universe tomorrow evening! It's from 7-8 pm (I think that's central time) at the Squigglefly Group Page. I'll hope you drop by even if it's just for a little bit!
they are saying a cool front is coming through this weekend and I am so hoping to see things cooled off here! I hope your day is great, and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

I hear ya sister about the cool front...they say it's already gone thru NW Ar. already...looking for a nicer day today..

Sometimes simple is better..the card was pretty and elegant...Great job as always =)

bumblebee creations said...

Love your card Holly! I really love the colors! I think the punch makes a nice added touch!
I think it is only supposed to be in the 50's here today!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

now that is one super card! i love the colors and the simplicity of it. absolutely stunning!

hugs,

Norine said...

this is so simple & clean yet so pretty
Hugs
Norine

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly

I love your card. Simple and elegant.

msfreida said...

Ohhhh this is so pretty! I love the design and the papers. I still don't think I could whip one out at the drop of a hat! I guess that's why most of mine say "sorry I'm late"!

Hugs

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Holly, this is sooo soo pretty!! The colors are so soft and elegant!! Beautifully done friend!! Looking forward to seeing what's up with SF tomorrow!! WOOT!! :)

Maria Matter said...

this is so pretty Holly! the simple sweet flowers are very effective! and the blue is lovely!
Beautifully done!

Have a fun weekend, hopefully I'll 'see' ya over at digi day...but we might not be home in time. :(

blessings, Maria

hey, I caught up on those challenges!

Becky said...

Your hoping for a cool front I hoping for a hot front :) today was the first day it hit 80 and no rain, until tomorrow.
This is lovely, love those G stamps.

Debby said...

Simple is often better. I tend to overthink things. This is really very beautiful. I need to try clean and simple.

Heather said...

Wow so cute and I bet pretty quick!!