Monday, July 13, 2009

Snow Birds and Pigs

Hi everyone. I didn't get a post up yesterday because the weekend got away from me. I told you we went to pick out carpet for our bedroom on Friday. Well, we picked it out and paid for it and arranged for installation on Thursday. We decided on Saturday to go ahead and get the furniture (except for the bed) out of the room. Then we thought as long as the bedroom was empty of furniture and new carpet was coming, it would be the perfect time to go ahead and give the room a fresh coat of paint. So, we spent the rest of Saturday painting the room! I think we may have all the painting in this house done for a couple years now, at least I hope so!
So, with all of that work on Saturday I didn't make it to my stamp desk at all and had nothing to show you yesterday!

However, today I have TWO cards to show you!

My first card was made for the DareU2DigiStamp challenge to make a card with pink and black, and also for 365 cards challenge to make a funny card.



(click to enlarge)

I used the Piggy Love image from Squigglefly and colored it with copic markers. I faux stitched in two corners and computer generated my sentiment. Here's the inside of my card



I almost put "We use oinkment" on the inside but I liked the "cured" aspect better. Maybe I was hungry at the time and cured bacon sounded yummy! LOL!

Last Monday I told you I was going to start showing you a Christmas card every Monday in an effort to get some Christmas cards done, so here is this week's Christmas card


(click to enlarge)

I used my old favorite Feathered Friend image and colored it red this time. I chalked the sky in a darker blue and then stamped some Hero Arts snowflakes and embossed them with a glitter embossing powder. Here's the copic colors I used




and another shot of the card at an angle so you can see the glitter better





Today is Squigglefly's challenge and you can see what the challenge is at the Squigglefly blog. I hope to have a card for that challenge finished this afternoon. I'd love to see you play along! If you do, don't forget to upload your card to Mr. Linky! Plus I have heard that Rhonda is offering up some prizes for the challenge! Head over to her blog to find out the details!
Also I saw that Squiggledfly is going to be having a Digi Day event at Card Universe on the 18th of July. I don't know all what's going to be happening, but I'm sure there will be challenges and that we'll have some fun, so I'd love you join us for that!
Several ladies on the yahoo group have difficulty navigating Card Universe, but they still want to join in on the digi day fun so I've decided that I'm going to report all digi day events to the yahoo group and everyone there can take part. I'll upload cards for the yahoo people to Card Universe. So, if you're more comfortable with the yahoo group come join us there!

Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..."We're going to be cured anyway" Now that's some funny stuff Holly :-)

You are smart getting your Christmas cards started..every year I say I'm going to do that but I never do! Maybe this will be my year LOL

I missed your post yesterday..glad it was because you were doing something fun?? We've been doing some improvements to our house also..so nice when they're finished!!

Have a great Monday...it's gonna be another HOT one!!!!!!

bumblebee creations said...

Hi ya Holly!!!! So nice to get up and check out your blog!!!! It was fun, but I am sure glad to be home! Can't wait to see all about the digi day! I love your cards-you are so funny-thanks for starting my day off with a smile-what a sentiment-how do you think of these? Genious!

msfreida said...

Oh YOU are just what one needs to start the week off right! "Piggy Love" couldn't be any cuter...and oh that punch line...that's a Holly original for sure! I love how you colored and highlighted those lil cuties...still amazes me!

This lil birdie is so versatile! I definitely plan on making several copies so I can color them in lots of colors while at the beach. The red is gorgeous for a Christmas card. Love your snow flakes.

I envy your paint job and new carpet. Ours needs both in the worst way, but unfortunately home improvement doesn't rank too high on hubby's wish list.UGHHH

Hope everyone has an awesome week! :)
Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh, i loved the "oinkment"! but the "cured" is super too. the whole thing is fabulous. r u taking vicki's vitamins???? bwwwahhhaaa!

the xmas card is fabulous. what a great use of the bird. love it.

hugs,

lindal said...

Great idea to do a Christmas card a week starting now. I love both cards. The pigs are so cute and it is really a funny card. I have the bird from the one a day in May and I never thought to make it a Christmas bird. You have such great idea.

Chris (catt871) said...

I LOVE that piggy card...sooo funny!!!!!! Your Christmas card is beautiful too!!! LOVE them both!!!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh Holly....gotta love the saying!! Seriously too cute!!! I love these funny little piggies and the bird card is wonderful!! I love how you are "sneaking" these in!! Wonderful idea and I'm right with ya on that girl!! :) HUGS

LaVerne said...

I love all the sayings you come up with. Love the Christmas bird. Great idea!!!

Maria Matter said...

lol, oh too funny Holly! What adorable pigs, this is fantastic!
We raised two pigs named Pork Chop & Bacon....they were cured and delicious!

Your Christmas card is beautiful...the bird was an excellent idea....really beautiful!
Have a great day!
Blessings, Maria

Kat said...

Love, love, LOVE the reds on your Christmas card! - and the glittery snowflakes!

On the piggy card, how did you do the faux stitching? It really looks stitched! Please explain how you made it look so real. :-)

Becky said...

HAHA!! I love these cards, but the first one is just to cute, love the sentiment/pun :). And your coloring just makes these cards stand out. Love the Christmas card,I just love that bird.

Sue said...

hahahahahahahahahahahaha
oh my Holly you are brill, what a bloomin fantastic piggy card, luv it, luv your sense of humour, always makes me smile when i come to your blog, sue.x

Cr8ive ME said...

super cards.

M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS

pinky said...

You have an excellent blog, your cards are so stunning. Thanks for the lovely freebie. Think I will have to keep popping back here for lots of inspiration.
Pinky

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Love the pigs! Someone sent me a picture of a little kid kissing a pig snout and the header was "cure for swine flu". Yours is much cuter!! LOL

i LOVE your Christmas Cardinal. We have the most beautiful cardinals here in Virginia, just like your card!

Donna said...

Fantastic card Hollyand such a brilliant image love the sentiment you have used inside and out lol!...thanks for joining in the fun at DU2DS this week :) Donna x

Chris said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend but it'll be worth it I'm sure when you get the results today. Love your piggy card, it really made me laugh. Great design too. Glad you could join us at DU2DS this week. Chris :)

Larissa said...

Your piggy card is really funny! Love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS.
Hugs,
Larissa