Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Squigglefly Challenge 12

Hi everyone! I was able to complete my card for this week's squigglefly challenge and here it is


(click to enlarge)

The challenge that Rhonda presented to us this week is a sketch challenge. You can play along and add your card to Mr. Linky here.

I used two images from squigglefly; the bird is from You Make My Heart Sing and the sentiment in the middle is from the Circle Sentiments set.

I used some of the new paper I just bought. It's from My Mind's Eye and the pack is called Just Dreamy. I love it! the bird is colored with copic markers. I used chalk on the circle sentiment while the nestabilities die was still on it. It's a simple card, but I do like it.

It dawned on me last night that the reason it's so quiet around blog land is because so many people are in Orlando at the CHA show! I can't wait to see what new products are being shown!

Before I go I have one more card I want to share with you. This is another birthday card I received that arrived too late to be included in my birthday post, but it's such a special card it needs it's own place anyway. It's from Freida Fletcher who is a faithful follower of a my blog and someone who has become a dear friend to me. She sent this to me while she was on vacation and I just love it! I think you will too


(click to enlarge)

and the inside



Isn't it just a wonderful creation? I love the palm leaves on the trees, and all the hog references are great; right up my alley! Thank you so much Freida. I will treasure this!

I hope you all have a great day, and remember to come back tomorrow for card give away day!

14 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Ms. Frieda did a great job on your Birthday card...she seems like such a fun person from her comments =)

Your card seems so different today. I love the shiny flowers and also the way you used buttons....keeps the rest of us remembering to think out of our boxes! Thanks Holly for all of your hard work to post for us every day....I appreciate you :~)

bumblebee creations said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the design! so fresh and sweet! Love the soft colors too! Ms. freidas card is adorable too, and how appropriate for Hog wild!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

your card is love and and Ms. Frieda's card is awesome. i love when someone gets that creative.

hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Lovely take on the sketch Holly!! Love your color choices!! Your b-day card from Ms. Frieda is too cute!! What a brilliant idea!! :)

I'm Crystal said...

Great card...Holly. Your the queen of chalk....

Becky said...

Great card, lovely design. Ms Freidas card is hilarious.

Emma said...

Hi Holly
Wow so many gorgeous creations since my last visit. Taken a bit of a backseat with blogging so I can actualy get more crafting done now my time is limited with working again!!
Happy belated birthday, hope you have a fantastic time.
Emma x

Becky said...

Hi Holly;
Just wanted you to know I have an award for you "circle of friends" I consider you as my blogging friend, you never know how much you encourage me daily.

Maria Matter said...

Such a lovely card Holly! I like the soft colors you used. Haven't had a chance to checkout the circle sentiments...looks great with the chalk!

What a fun b'day card! Is that a ring I see in that piggy's nose? lol Your blessed with good friends Holly!
take care
Blessings, Maria

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love your coloring of the bird!! Gorgeous design with the dp and buttons!! What fun to receive such happy mail!! Very creative and thoughtful!

lindal said...

What a fun card. You are so creative.

Jeanette said...

Hi Holly, Just stopping in to say hello. This is a very sweet card for the challenge. I scrolled down to look at all that I've missed and fell in love your Rocking Horse. I've never seen such beautiful coloring. It almost looks like a photo. Wow!
Frieda's card is sooooo cute.

Jeanette

msfreida said...

AWEEE Holly...you shouldn't have posted that!!! Ok folks, just remember I'm only a beginner with these copics! Holly has taught me (or should I say TRIED TO TEACH) everything I know about them! I use her coloring expertise as a learning tool! ;)And Ms Piggy was sunburned, just like ME!!!! (But I really don't have a tat or a ring in my nose...yet!)

These must be new images that were added after I printed all my vacation projects off! Hmmm, gotta have these too! I love the simplicity of your card. Love the chalking and the buttons really add the perfect punch! BEAUTIFUL!

Hugs~

Heather said...

These are both wonderful!! Thanks for sharing them!!