Saturday, July 25, 2009

Treat Yourself To Some Challenges!

Hi everyone! I know I'm off to a late start this morning, but I've been busy creating this card for some more of the Dare To Get Dirty challenges! SIX challenges in one card. What fun this was to make! The image is from Squigglefly and is called Ice Cream Sundae. I colored it with copics and chalked the background. The words "treat Yourself!" are computer generated.


(click to enlarge)

Here's a close up of all the texture




I told you I combined six challenges on this card, so here's the list!

DTGD09Krystie_Lee - clearly Creative - I used the clear bubble and I used clear beedz in the center of the flower. I also used yellow vellum on the bottom of the card and behind the cirlce. I love how the yellow vellum changed the color of the pink to orange and the blue to green!
DTGD09Becca_Stamps - Cut It Out - I cut out the circle shapes.
DTGD09DeborahLynneS - Taken With Texture - I embossed the yellow vellum and the blue layer, I added crystal lacquer to the chocolate syrup and puff paint to the marshmallow sauce. The clear beedz on the flower center also add texture.
DTGD09TruCarMa - Good Enough To Eat - To use something food related on your project #what's better to eat than a sundae?!
DTGD09Lauraly - Tie One On - to use ribbon on your card. The piece that runs across the card with the Happy Birthday and the candles is a piece of ribbon.
DTGD09One_Happy_Stamper - sketch

Whoo Hoo! I think this is the most challenges I've ever fit on a card! Truly a blast!

8 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

what a gorgeous yummy looking card Holly!!! Now why did you have to show something like that today? I am hungry! But still behaving! Love it!

Becky said...

What a delicious looking card, its making me want ice cream. That is a lot of challenges rolled into one card, you go girl. :)

Pam in Ar. said...

That looks good enough to eat =)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

fabulous, fabulous, fabulous! girl, you are getting good at those challenges!

hugs,

Scrubbysue said...

What a great card!! Yummy!! and that embossing is perfect!

Maria Matter said...

Oooo, yummy! what a delicious looking card!
great texture!

woohoo Holly, look at all those challenges!!!! watch out it can be habit forming! lol
Blessings, Maria

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh now this is really yummy!! I have this image and have not used it yet! Thanks for your inspiration once again dear!! :) HUGS

msfreida said...

OMGosh! 6 challenges in 1 ??? How does your mind work in so many different directions at the same time??? You're definitely NOT ADD! Maybe that's my problem!
This is so cool! It would definitely be fun to try multi challenges, but mine would not look as "together" as yours! You did an AWESOME job, GF! KUDOS to YOU!