Saturday, August 22, 2009

Blue Birds

Good morning everyone! Wow, the temperature dropped down last night just like the weatherman promised! It's just a gorgeous morning out there! I'm going to keep this short and sweet so that I can get out there and enjoy it before it warms back up!

One thing I want to let you know is that today is Stef's first color challenge on the Card Universe group. Go here to see the colors she's chosen for us and also to see the absolute awesome card she made for a sample! I really am in awe of the card she made.

The next thing I wanted to tell you is that something appears to be up at Squigglefly. I saw on their blog yesterday that they are planning another HUGE release on September 19th. It's so exciting!

Today I have a card using a sweet image from Squigglefly called Have You Heard.


(click to enlarge)

I colored this with colored pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits. I darkened the eyes up after coloring with a black pen. the little scroll like photo corner is one of the new pendant dies from Spellbinders. I haven't had time to cut a bunch to play with yet, but I plan to!

Well, I'm off to enjoy this first hint of fall. I hope you all have a great day, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Norine said...

what a sweet card love your coloring
Hugs
Norine

Linda L said...

Beautiful card. My favorite bird.

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly
Your card is beautiful. I love the soft colors and birds.

Jeanette said...

I use colored pencils a lot but I haven't tried using mineral spirits with them. Looks really nice. I'll add that to my shopping list.

Jeanette

Becky said...

These little guys are adorable..Love your coloring.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh this is pretty. i like the pastel look. it's been great sleeping weather here too - in the mid 50s and the days in the low 70s. oh yeah, i'm doin' a happy dance myself! enjoy your day!

hugs,

Heather the Mooselover said...

Beautiful card! Love the soft colors.

My daughter's birthday is 9/19 and my parents will be visiting. Guess I'll have to read about it later ;)

msfreida said...

Perfect image for this morning...I've been enjoying my coffee outside with all my feathered friends! :) It feels SOOOO good out!

Your coloring is so awesome on this! Love the soft colors! Looks like Spellbinders has another hit on their hands...WHAT FUN!

Well I'm off to get another cup and linger a little longer while the temps are pleasant. We must enjoy it while we can! ;)

Hugs~

Vicki said...

Holly, this is a cute card...I love birds...and nature! Have a good day...enjoy the weather while you can!

Later,
Vicki

I'm Crystal said...

Super sweet card!!!

TeresaW said...

Oh Holly, I love it! You have done a fantastic job on that card. They are definitely great colours that Stef has chosen, I'm still with my house guests so I will probably miss this week.

Can't wait to see what comes out of the wood work on the 19th, thanks for the heads up.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awwwwww.........what a sweet card!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

These birds are adorable Holly!! :) I love that fancy corner and the colors are so soft and pretty!!! Love it!! HUGS